Schools in Flanders>Question Details

Frank J Festa, Real Estate Pro in Watchung, NJ

How is the School System in Flanders?

Asked by Frank J Festa, Watchung, NJ Wed Aug 25, 2010

Answers

4
Hello, My son has gone through the Mt Olive school system, and now is going to MIT
on an academic scholarship. I would say they were good for him.
Thank you for your reply. Also, how is the residential market and property values in the area? Regards,
I have 4 kids, my oldest has been through the Mount Olive school system and is now a Sophomore at NYU.
Presently, I have children in the high school, middle school and elementary school.

We have had no major issues with the Mount Olive school system. Like any other school system, there's good and not so good. I have had 2 kids who went from being top students to struggling last year and the response from the teachers was immediate and positive. I really felt like I was working as partners with the teachers and it was very effective.

I went to a top rated school system ( a lifetime ago). Its still top rated. I would never recommend it to anyone.
Education is what parents make of it.
Frank, here is the state school report card web site. This will allow you to compare apples to apples with other schools you are familiar with so you have a reference point and basis of comparison to show clients the difference. http://education.state.nj.us/rc/

I can also tell you that overall, the feedback I get from clients in that area is that they like the school system. I don't recall ever hearing anything negative.