Schools in Las Vegas>Question Details

Toky, Home Owner in Las Vegas, NV

How does a great public elementary school with great teachers but huge classroom sizes, compare to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School?

Asked by Toky, Las Vegas, NV Tue Aug 28, 2012

Answers

3
Thank you very much. I actually agree with the two of you, so thank you for confirming my passion for the good schools and teachers in our public school system. My problem is 42 children in a 4th grade classroom and my son got perfect scores on the CRT last spring. I can't let him get bored at this age -- he isn't yet. I guess the key will be lots of parent volunteer support or a change will need to be made. Thank you again!
Call Elizabeth Seton school and ask them the question. Ask about accreditation and if the education there is completely comparable to public school education. I can't see anyone compromising their budget to pay anywhere from $12,000 to $25,000 per year when a comparable solution exists for free. Everyone wants their child to have a best education. However, I would advise you to look at the scores and where those children have scored next to some of the top ranked (in the Valley) Henderson public schools.
I am a product of both Catholic and public shcool and I choose to send my two children to public school because of the cost and that there were not the nuns in the catholic schools like when I went. If you are in a very strong financial condition to have them enter and stay in these Catholic schools from start to finish it would be better for them of course for many reason which I would talk to you about over the phone if you like. I think if you go the public shcool system, the key is not to pull them out of one school and then go to another. The relationships they make could be life long as well as sports teams or music etc. They will do better by staying in the same shcool. The key to their education and development is being very involved with them and being strict and lots of love, hugs and kisses and keep them busy. Be involved with school and teachers. Don't take any crap if you find out something is not right in lesson plan or what's being taught or asked of your child. Please call and I can go into more detail about my experience. My ex. wife and daughter are both school teachers in the PSS. Matt 501-0973