Schools in Kennett Square>Question Details

Fbeiner, Home Buyer in Kennett Square, PA

How does Kennett Cons SD compare to Unionville/Chadds Ford?

Asked by Fbeiner, Kennett Square, PA Wed Mar 17, 2010

I am looking to move my family, a 5 year old entering kndgrtn, and a 3 year old and would like to know how the Kennett Cons SD rates locally and in PA?

Answers

4
Unionville has has the highest PSSA scores in the STATE for the past 2 years and was a close second this year. There is little comparison between the districts in that UCFSD is far superior to any other in the county and most of the state. That being said KCSD is doing well particularly given the huge number 50% of minority (mostly hispanic) students
I'm not a realtor, so I can say whatever I think about school districts!

I'm in a similar situation and based on talking with people in the area, both are great districts, and a heck of a lot better than anything in DE or MD. I think Unionville is considered the "better" of the two, though. I did hear recently from a friend that KHS is doing better than UHS in terms of AP testing. I think if you are in either one, you will be fine. Avon Grove is a close runner up in the Southern Chester County competition.
Yes, Penny is correct, as Realtors we can only tell you factual data and stats. The answer to your question will depend on what you are looking for in a school. Is it strictly testing scores, life lessons, athletic teams, number of kids enrolled, etc. If you are looking for some statistics, visit the website I have referenced.
Legally as Realtors, we are not able discuss or compare school districts. When asked that question, I advise my clients to visit the school and speak with the Principal, and the teachers. Ask to sit in on classes, and observe the interaction between the children and the teacher. Also, try to speak with parents of children in the district. That should give you a really good idea of the quality of the school, and the district. Good luck!

Penny George