Schools in Park Slope>Question Details

Chi, Home Buyer in Washingotn, DC

How difficult will it be to get an affordable 2 BR/1.5 BA apartment / house in PS 321 district?

Asked by Chi, Washingotn, DC Wed Apr 9, 2008

I am planning to move to Brooklyn at the end of July. I would like to be in the Park Slope neighborhood served by PS 321 William Penn. It is important to have at least 2 bedrooms and at least 1.5 bathrooms. However, I am trying to keep in my $2700 monthly budget, whether I rent or buy.

Answers

3
Hi Chi,

There is naturally a wide range in prices depending on the size and amenities provided. In a declining market where prices are still adjusting, there are, and will be, a wide range of options for you. The best value I've seen recently is a 2 br 1 ba Coop in prime 321, in mint condition with washer/dryer, reasonable maintenance and good building financials in the $570s.

Good luck & don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

- Rezwan
PS 107 in the South Slope is excellent as well and the South Slope is more reasonable than the north end.
Hi Chi,

Buying would be difficult with your budget unless you are planning on having a large down payment. Two bedroom apartments in prime slope range from $650K to $999K. However there are plenty of 2 bedroom rentals for $2700 or even less.

Good Luck,

Jim
Web Reference: http://www.FromTheStoop.com