Schools in New Canaan>Question Details

Gina, Home Buyer in 10025

How can you tell which Elementary school you are zoned for based on address?

Asked by Gina, 10025 Sun Nov 11, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3089265935-122-Heritage-Hill-Rd…

Answers

4
Just call the education department on Locust Street and give them your address, and they will give you the accurate elementry school.
Hi Gina-

The geographical elementary school lines were recently changed for the 2012 - 2013 school year in New Canaan. If you're looking at a property listing, the elementary school is listed for that particular property. There is only one middle school in New Canaan (as in Darien) so there is no question about the middle or high school.

Here is the New Canaan School's link so that if you have a question, you can find out on your own:
http://www2.newcanaan.k12.ct.us/education/components/scrapbo… or you can email or call me and I can give you a quick response.

You could also request a bus route map, which would also give you the street / school connection. That was published by The New Canaan Advertiser in August, or again, by calling one of the elementary schools. In New Canaan, they are South, West and East School. In Darien, they are Ox Ridge, Rpyle, Holmes, Hindley and Tokeneke School.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Rachel

Rachel Walsh
William Pitt | Sotheby's International Realty
26 Cherry Street
New Canaan, CT 06840
Mobile: 203.912.5908

Diamond Superstar Level
#1 Top Office Producer
#3 Company-Wide for Dollar Volume
Covering New Canaan, Darien, Rowayton, Wilton and Greenwich, CT

Please visit my website to search for a property, town and community information and for comprehensive weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end market reports:
Http://RachelWalshHomes.com
When you navigate to property here on Trulia you'll see a lot of details. Under Local Info about two thirds down that page, just beneath the map, is information on schools. You will see a drop down window showing either Elementary, Middle or High Schools. Each time you select a different type of school in drop down, you will see a list of schools serving of that type serving that town. A graduation cap to the left of the school name indicates the schools assigned to that home.

Go ahead and try it, it's easy, but if you need help just give me a call.

Samuel Gabe
Halstead Property
203-656-6518
sgabe@halstead.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
My understanding is that the geographical school district lines for the Elementary schools were recently redrawn for the 2012-2013 school year. Does the Trulia information reflect these updated districts? -Gina
Flag Mon Nov 12, 2012
Hi Gina -
You can ask town hall or let me know the address of the property your considering and I'll let you know.
Cheers -
Stephan von Jena
William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty
203-434-8472
svonjena@wpsir.com
Hello. At this time, I am only looking at rentals. Address is 122 Heritage Hill Road. I am considering moving from NYC and want to rent first. -Gina
Flag Sun Nov 11, 2012