Schools in Burlington>Question Details

Ray1, Home Buyer in New Jersey

How are the schools in this area?

Asked by Ray1, New Jersey Wed Jul 18, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3089569339-5-Cherokee-Trl-Bur…

Answers

4
I moved here from Hamilton, Mercer County in 1998 for the schools. ( My children attended from 1st to 12th grade.) The schools are good, the teachers are willing to work with parents and there are programs available for gifted and talented students that are geared towards mathematics. The High School offers AP courses that can be college credits at BCC (for a fee), which is a great way to acquire college credits inexpensively.

I like the centralization of grades instead of a multitude of schools covering the same grades. This keeps the costs down. While I have lived here new schools have been built to accommodate the growing population of students.

The only thing I did not like was the mandatory requirement of summer reading and the work that came with it. With parental involvement this has evolved from the program I greatly disagreed with to a more reasonable program.

Make sure the house is in Burlington Township NOT Burlington City.
My kids attend Burlington Twp Schools. I think they are pretty good from a parent stand point. They offer a large selection of courses for high school age and plenty of after school activities. For test schools, I would check out the greatschools.org website. Of course, you have to partner in your kids education.

I am very familiar with Burlington Twp. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Michelle Krzywulak
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
609-417-9777
There are two areas -- Burlington City and Burlington Twp. Each with a high school. You can check the schools accredation of all the schools on the internet by typing in the city or township on Google.
Hi Ray, there are some great websites to research schools. I believe greatschools.org is one of them. Unfortunately, Realtors are not actually permitted to discuss schools, crime, etc.

I was born and raised in Burlington County and would be happy to show you this and other homes.

How far along are you in your search?
Can we speak a little bit about what you are looking for?

Call or email as I do not monitor these questions.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.617.1212 m
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com