Schools in 20850>Question Details

Mugdha Pimpr…, Both Buyer and Seller in Reston, VA

How are the schools in king farm? We liked a few properties but have heard bad reviews about schools- your opinion?

Asked by Mugdha Pimprikar, Reston, VA Thu Apr 26, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 20850

Answers

4
Thanks for your responses. Individually I can always sent my child to private school (she is 20 months at this point), what we are wondering is we have seen a few very good properties in that area and they have been on the market for a few months, could the school district be affecting the sale? In case in 10 years or so we decide to resell - will that be a problem for us? My question is mainly out to parents and people who have family/friends in the area and know the schools personally. I have looked extensively online while doing my research, but need to also consider parents opinion. As for realtors/agents, thanks for your input, but we are already working with a wonderful agent.
Hello Mugdha,

I have been a Realtor and homeowner in KF since 1999. I would be happy to assist you with anything regarding this Community .If you need please contact me at 301-704-9364.

Best Regards

Mauro Ceschin
Hi Mugdha,

King Farm Subdivision is split into 2 High Schools. The dividing line is Redland Boulevard. The Watkins Pond section are zoned for Richard Montgomery High School, while the rest are zoned for Gaithersburg High. Call or email me for the reports for both schools. I would provide the URL, but Trulia won't allow it here.

As you know school zones can be changed each given year, so if there is a property you are interested in, double check the school (again, email me, and I'll provide the URL for you).
Hi Mugda - King Farm is split into two different school cluster with Redland Blvd splitting the two. Richard Montgomery is to the south of Redland, and Gaithersburg is to the north.

Only a parent can really evaluate schools to be 'good' or 'bad' based on their own child's experience. For really bright, advanced kids, the county offers an application-based magnet program starting in 4th grade. If a child has learning challenges, they offer an array of special services in the home schools, and special centers in other schools. There are lots of 'signature' programs in each school.

There are clearly differences in schools across Montgomery County, but is there a "bad" school? Some would say no.

MCPS publishes a ton of stats for the entire school systems so you can objectively evaluate your options. You can access stats, maps etc for these two clusters here:

- Richard Montgomery -http://mocorealestate.com/schools/richard-montgomery-cluster/
- Gaithersburg - http://mocorealestate.com/schools/gaithersburg-cluster/

Hope that helps. Good luck with your home search.