Schools in 60505>Question Details

Alicia West, Home Buyer in Peoria, IL

How are the public schools in Aurora, il more particular in the 60505 area?

Asked by Alicia West, Peoria, IL Sat Mar 24, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 60505

Answers

5
Realtors are not permitted to comment on the quality of schools. If you want to rate or rank them then try Illinois Interactive Report Card. http://iirc.niu.edu

If you have any real estate questions about Aurora then you may contact me at 630-802-5825 or email me at MikeCluck@remax.net.

I live in Aurora and work in Aurora so I know the area well.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 24, 2012
ALL the schools in Aurora offer programs to students spanning all academic levels. If the student is motivated and wants to learn, he/she can succeed in any district.
We have had excellent experience with all levels of West Aurora, Dist. 129, with numerous advanced/AP level opportunities at West Aurora H.S. Additionally, Marmion Academy (boys), Rosary (girls), Aurora Central Catholic are all good High Schools and there are numerous private/parochial schools available at every level as well.
It depends on the district. Aurora is a large city and I believe there are three school districts. Ideally, you want to be in IPSD 204 ( Indian Prairie School District 204) Realtors some times advertise it as "Naperville School District" but it is a large district that encompasses boundaries within Dupage County and three towns; Aurora, Naperville, and a small portion of Bolingbrook.
All my children attended 204 schools from K-12, and they were fortunate to experience academic opportunities, that are not always available in other districts. For example, they had great access to newest technology, computer labs, lap tops for each student in the class from a well equipped LMC. The high schools have pools, Waubonsie High has a planetarium, so the children have annual field trips to the planetarium as early as first grade.
The negative is you will pay high property taxes *roughly a third will be to schools* I was employed in the district, so I experienced quite a bit of waste. However, times are tighter now and I suppose there is a need for more accountability, but that does not necessarily mean the cuts will be in appropriate areas.
The special education program was touted as "cutting edge" for many years within 204.
As far as the other districts, I assume East Aurora district now has more revenue since the outlet mall has been a great success.
In any case, overall if you purchase a house in Aurora 204 chances are your overall satisfaction will be high.
Mike is absolutely right about not being legally allowed to give opinions on schools.

As well as using the Illinois Report Card I would ask people that have kids in the schools how they feel about them. I would get multiple opinions to get a more accurate set of datea.

I live in the 60505 zip code and could put in touch with other parents that also live here.

If you need my help please feel free to call me anytime - 630.492.1284

One more thing...there are also several private schools in the area giving you more options to choose from.