Schools in Chesterton>Question Details

Amy1227, Home Buyer in Chesterton, IN

Hi, we are thinking of moving from Crown Point but I have two special needs students? How is the special education in Chesterton schools? Thanks!

Asked by Amy1227, Chesterton, IN Sat Aug 11, 2012

Answers

5
Hi my children go to the Chesterton Schools and from personal experience I can tell you the are wonderful! My kids have LD and require special classes to keep them on track and the school helps above and beyond for them. One of there teachers last year stayed after school 2 days a week with my son and tutored him for free the entire year!
The private/charter schools will probably not be able to offer to assistance to special needs kids that the public schools can.
The Chesterton Schools are excellent. Really. I have lived in a number of different places. People sacrifice to live here because of the quality of the schools.
Written by Rev. Heidi Vardeman, St. John's United Church, Chesterton .
As a resident of Chesterton, the public schools are second to none. In regards to accomodating your special needs children, it will depend on their age and required supervision. It is best to contact not only the public schools but also some of the private/charter schools in the area. Good luck.
Hi Amy. Did you have a chance to contact the Chesterton schools to check out the special programs they have ?