Schools in 22701>Question Details

asib2004, Home Buyer in Henrico, VA

Hi is it good place to raise family?

Asked by asib2004, Henrico, VA Fri Nov 9, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 22701

Answers

1
Of course! All places have pros and cons for living there. However, Culpeper is a great town with lots of history! Be sure to check out the Chamber of Commerce and tourism websites online. Let me know if I can help!
I moved to Culpeper by way of Fairfax, VA. In order to live in Culpeper, you will have to commute over 60+ miles one way depending on where you work. There are NO jobs in Culpeper that will pay above minimum wage. I feel that they over tax those who have relocated there, by taxing those who live in their town one tax rate, then tax you for being in the county. With that said, Culpeper punish those who live in the town limits. So be aware that you will be doubled tax on your personal property and your real estate. If I had know that I will be paying taxes like that to live in such a small place, I would have stayed in Fairfax, knowing that I would have to suffer and drive over 140 miles a day. The other sad thing, is there is a train depot in Culpeper, it would attract more people, if there was a commuter train or some other means of transportation to get to and from work. Oh, there is this one commuter bus that cost $290 a month. It departs at 5:00am. Not a good commute.
Flag Thu Dec 27, 2012