Schools in Houston>Question Details

Kallie, Home Buyer in Grand Rapids, MI

Hi all, Moved from WPB FL to Houston coming in March. Excited and nervous. Lived in Atlanta, GA, Seattle, WA, Ann Arbor, MI and West Palm Beach FL.

Asked by Kallie, Grand Rapids, MI Tue Jan 8, 2013

This question was asked from http://=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F3093428331-18739-Egret-Oaks-Ln-… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/3093428331-18739-Egret-Oaks-L…

1 vote Share Flag Schools in Houston

Answers

14
Hello Kim,

I glad to hear that you will be to Houston!! First step have you been pre approved?? If not I can help as I am a mortgage banker that works in Houston and surrounding areas. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have as I would be more than happy to help you get into a home here in Houston!!

JAY ABEYA
NMLS ID # 252320
Branch NMLS ID # 312927
K&G Capital Mortgage a Division of Houstonian Mortgage Group, Inc
7026 Old Katy Rd Suite 280
Houston, TX 77024
832-813-0100 ext 332
832-524-3842 cell
713-588-8493 fax
http://www.kgcm.com
Kim,

I was in your shoes one upon a time moving here from Fort Walton Beach, Florida myself - not quite Palm Beach!! ;)

The home you selected is beautiful with great features! 3 Bedroom, 3.5 Bath, and views of the water - So I commend you on your selection. However, I am concerned since you are moving to Houston that this specific property will be a considerable drive if you plan on working anywhere near inner city Houston.

I have selected a few properties for you to consider which are closer into central Houston. My criteria was 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 car garage & over 2,000 sqft. I searched for listings between $200,000 and $300,000.

Houston Single Family Homes:
http://fusion.harmls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1681383…

Houston Townhomes:
http://fusion.harmls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=8416156…

I have also selected homes in the 77058 zip code, which is where 18739 Egret Oaks Ln is. I used the same search criteria as above.

Single Family Homes:
http://fusion.harmls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1135601…

Townhomes (This includes the 18739 Egret Oaks Ln listing):
http://fusion.harmls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1226691…

I hope I have been helpful! I would love to assist you when you arrive. I'm located in Bellaire, Texas but I work throughout Houston and the surrounding cities. I am happy to share previous client referrals with you so you are certain you are in good hands.

:)

Deja

Deja Land
Coldwell Banker United, Realtors®
5111 Bellaire Blvd. / 77401
713.585.5017 Mobile
713.349.7230 Office
713.349.9912 Fax
dejaland@live.com
facebook.com/dejaland

Home is where the heart is... Let me help you find the perfect Home to fill a lifetime of memories.

Before working with a real estate broker, you should know that the duties of a broker depend on whom the broker represents. If you are a prospective seller or landlord (owner) or a prospective buyer or tenant (buyer), you should know that the broker who lists the property for sale or lease is the owner’s agent. A broker who acts as a subagent represents the owner in cooperation with the listing broker. A broker who acts as a buyer’s agent represents the buyer. A broker may act as an intermediary between the parties if the parties consent in writing. A broker can assist you in locating a property, preparing a contract or lease, or obtaining financing without representing you. A broker is obligated by law to treat you honestly.

Please click on this link for further information... http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/op-k.pdf. I am required by law to present this to you upon first contact. When I meet with you I will ask you to acknowledge this document by signing for my file.
Kim,

Looks like your looking for more of that Florida "feel" here in the Houston area. Your coming to the #1 real estate market in the country. But don't let that make you nervous, still great opportunities in purchasing homes all over the Houston area. This home is located in southwest Houston known as "Clear Lake". The area is home to NASA's Johnson Space Center and the 3rd largest private boat fleet in the country! Boating is a big activity in this area. Great schools as well.

Plenty of price points and styles of homes to look at. You have moved several times...what are you nervous about? Let us know how we can assist you. Before you get here, we can mail you a relocation packet full of information on Houston plus build you a private web portal that will search for homes that meet your parameters. Look forward to hearing from you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Hi Kim,

Glad to hear that you are moving to Houston. I appreciate you doing your homework to find your dream home. The property on Egret Oaks Lane, is very nice and turnkey. I am familar with the area because I don't live very far and drive past it all the time. Also, I was at the real estate office that has the listing and know the realtor.

I have not been to that property in a while, so I'm going to go by and check it out. Please call me if you have any questions, I can be reached at 281-814-8332. I would be happy to work with you.

Diana Lawless GRI
Broker Associate
UTR-TEXAS,REALTORS
17000 El Camino Real Ste.107
Houston, Tx 77058
281-814-8332 Cell
dlawlessrealty@gmail.com
http://www.har.com/DianaLawless
Well then, welcome to Houston. I lease for a living here in the City. I would love to assist you with your search. Most places, lofts, condos, townhomes, apartments, HOMES require at least a 30 day notice to vacate. Most Communities in the City require a 60 day notice to vacate. With that being aforementioned, we should progress fairly immediately with locating you a HOME. Please, visit my personal web-site at joelocator.com. My Ads are updated regularly and the HOMES will be available ASAP-60 days. OR, you could call me anytime. Houston is extremely diverse. Hope you love it!

Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com
Hello Kim, read your criteria and commend you on doing your homework. Excited, but nervous is good because it helps you balance the right emotions. I am assuming you will have a temporary residence when you move first so you can have the ability to look around and see for yourself what you really like. As realtors we can definitely give you our opinions, but ultimately you are the one who will have to decide what feels right.

Where is your office location going to be in Houston? Depending on the commute, and your "must-haves" your choices will vary.

The suggestions made to you by both the hairdresser and recruiter are good. I still suggest you see for yourself if that is what you are looking for. Just to give yourself the satisfaction of having seeing both the urban and suburban areas, you should visit both types to make an informed decision.

As others, I have helped those coming in to Houston and will be happy to do the same for you.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Houston has a lot to offer in the way of homes both new and existing. If you need further assistance with your relocation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kevin Vader
Owner/Broker
Texas Top Realty, LLC
713-962-7898
Kim ...

You're wise to gather as much information as possible, in order to make an informed decision. As one who has welcomed many new Houstonians to the area, I've got to let you know that townhomes are not your best option if resale is major consideration for you. There's been a glut of them on the market for a while, and many are eventually leased out because they didn't sell. Appreciation over a two-year period is at best minimal ... you can probably hope to do no better than break even, and that's under optimal conditions.

You're getting lots of information from various sources, all with different points of view. That can be helpful or confusing, depending upon what's most important to you.

Houston is an incredibly diverse city ... lots of choices as to location, type of home, price range, etc. A terrific 3000 sq. ft home can be yours for under $200k in one area ... that number wouldn't buy you much more than a 1000 sq. ft. 40-year old condo in another. While we can talk about this forever, there is no substitute for a hands-on experience.

I'd love to set something up, so that we can drive the areas and see what you can buy, as well as peruse the surrounds. This way, you can associate the property and location with your wants and needs.

If you're interested in purchasing the property you sent (or a similar unit) the MLS number on this home is ... 71196062 ... and you can see the entire listing (including maintenance fees, taxes, etc.) on http://www.har.com. My contact information and website are below. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Hi, I have lived in Palm Beach County, Okemis MI andAugusta, GA and can tell you that the only regret I have is that I didn't move to Houston sooner. It is a very friendly city with lots of accessable ammenities. Katie Charlton of John Daugherty Realtors
Hi Kim!

My partner, Randall Martin, and I specialize in helping people relocate from other states. We know all of the areas you specified well, and can help guide you through the process. Our office is centrally located in the heart of River Oaks. Let us know what we can do to help. Talk to you soon...V
Welcome to Houston Kim!

We would love to help you find a great home. Feel free to contact me to discuss how we can assist you. 832-257-4686 or David@SwallowInternationalRealty.com
I've been advised it is better to live N. of I-10 for community, safety, schools and resale value. I am under contract for 2 yrs working part time for a consulting firm. I would prefer full time and permanent but who knows what the assignment may bring. No children divorced and looking for cultural amenities close by as well as outdoor activities, parks, greenspace, whole foods type places. Is there a "sub" or "zip" that I should look to or avoid? I'd like to do my homework before taking on a realtor so I can get my "have to haves" and "wish list" in order for him/her.
Prefer TH or turnkey/low maintenance but resale is a huge factor - considering I don't know if I will have a job after 2 years and I will probably be working a lot of hours to try and fit in and do good at my job.
77007, 77006 etc.
I've got different viewpoints -from a hairdresser I saw during my interview: Midtown or Montrose/Neartown says is more modern, eclectic, better resale and close to everything.
From a recruiter I got Washingon/Memorial Park/Heights as the best for amenities, conveniences, safety, close to everyday needs, lots of cultural things to do, very walkable.

To me, readers and those that have lived and breathed the area including realtors know the best in most cases...so looking for some real advice on where to begin. Price range is dependent upon what I get and the amenities of course, but can spend up to $360K - hopefully less.

Thanks so much community voices - hopefully I have lots of choices!!
Hi Kim,
A quick note to say that I am glad to hear that you are moving to Houston.
I appreciate you doing your homework in order to find your dream home that is turnkey and waiting for you.
The townhome on Egret Oaks Lane is very nice and turnkey and has a fast and easy access to shopping, dining, entertaining and freeway access. I am familar with the property, as I was at office that has the listing and know the realtor. I hope you will contact me when you have finished your homework.
I do not live very far from the property and know the area well, I drive past it all the time.
Please contact me with your questions I can be reached at 281-814-8332. Since I have not been on the property in a while, I'm going to go by there and check it out.
Diana T Lawless GRI
Broker Associate
UTR-TEXAS,REALTORS
17000 El Camino Real Ste.107
Houston, Tx 77058
281-814-8332
dlawlessrealty@gmail.com
http://www.har.com/DianaLawless
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013
If you are interested in the Inner Loop or the neighborhoods located closeby, I would be happy to help you.

Mark H. Rogers
mrogersrealtor@gmail.com
713-377-3314
Not sure what your question is but HOUSTON is a great place to live. Do you want to live "in the city" or in the suburbs?'