Question Details

Cleopatra, Other/Just Looking in Fargo, ND

Hi We are a British family relocating to Boston early 2012. We are looking at Newton as a possible place to settle. Initially we will rent

Asked by Cleopatra, Fargo, ND Sat Sep 24, 2011

a property to make sure we like the area. We have an 8yr old (9 in Jan) daughter and would like to enrol her in a local public school. However, if we later move to a different school catchment area within Newton, will we a have to change schools?

It is a good question and often depends on the rules within each district. I was using this map,, to see what school districts were contiguous to Newton, and I see places such as Waltham, Needham, Wellesley, Brookline, Boston, and Weston. Best idea might be to call someone at the Newton school district office - see the number here, - and ask them what the district's policy is. My guess is that the district would let your daughter finish out the year - but still best to check. Good luck and safe travels!
Web Reference: