Schools in Fort Myers>Question Details

Dbkenworthy, Home Buyer in Fort Myers, FL

Hi. My husband and I are considering moving to the Ft. Myers area from TN. SO concerned about schools for our children. Where do we start?

Asked by Dbkenworthy, Fort Myers, FL Sat Dec 8, 2012

Ages are twin girls 12 yrs. old. Boy 9. They will be starting 7th & 5th when we move. Can not afford Private but that would be our 1st choice. What area of Ft. Myers and surrounding area is BEST school system?? Where do we start??

Answers

6
Hello, my name is Michael Collins and I am with Maxim Realtors. There are many great schools in Lee County. There are quite a few that are A rated and some of the high schools have great I.B. programs available. There are also great elementary and middle schools in the area. Lee County has a school choice program available to parents. This allows your child to attend the school of choice. if it is out of the area, you would need to provide transportation to and from the school. There are also schools that focus on the arts as well.

I hope this information has been helpful to you. if I can be of any assistance to you in finding you a home to purchase or to rent, please do not hesitate to contact me. I specialize in assisting my clients with relocation to this beautiful part of the country. I can be reached at 239-834-3664 or by email at michaelinnfm@gmail.com

Michael Collins, Realtor, CAM
Maxim Realtors
Dear Dbkenworthy,

One of my favorite sites when it comes to school ratings is http://www.greatschools.org and if you have an iPhone check out their app which is also a fantastic tool. I love their site, use it often and highly recommend it to my clients who are interested in finding the best schools for their children's education. GreatSchools profiles public, private and charter schools and has a great format for readers to leave comments. Besides their rating system the comment section is the best place to go to get real life feedback from children who attend the schools as well as their parents. You may be 100% committed to the Ft. Meters area but if you are still scouting locations please do not overlook Jupiter which has one of the best school districts in Palm Beach County.

You might also want to check out the Florida Department of Education School accountability reports which are also a wealth of information and can be accessed with this link;

http://schoolgrades.fldoe.org/default.asp

After doing your homework on-line I always recommend parents visit the school live and in person prior to making any purchasing decisions in that district and if you need assistance let me know as I would be happy to show you around.

If you are open to other locations I am a resident of Jupiter and work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties. A great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs and school zones of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client from up north who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise. You might be interested in this article I wrote for a little more information on this incredible area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/2352/

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Our school system if very different form what you are used to. We have Charter Schools that provide a more focused approach to education. Where you live is not relative to where a child goes to school...Please call me so that we can discuss this further...239-246-6639.
I have 2 boys now 13 and 14. They started in a charter school in Cape Coral which is like a private school without the tuition. Recently we moved to North Fort Myers and one boy is in North Fort Myers High School and they other is in North Fort Myers School for the Arts.
Happy to discuss further as we came from a private school system when we moved here as well. So we have investigated all of this first hand already.

Kevin Cloutier, Realtor
A HouseSOLD name
Southern Premier Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Our school system if very different form what you are used to. We have Charter Schools that provide a more focused approach to education. Where you live is not relative to where a child goes to school...Please call me so that we can discuss this further...239-634-0225
Deborah Murray
Broker Associate
Advanta Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Hi!

Three years ago I moved back to Cape Coral/Fort Myers area from Cookeville TN.
Please give me a call at 239-699-0142 I can assist you and answer your questions about
the school system in Lee County.

Lilo Clacher
Realtor, CFS, e-PRO
American Brokers Realty Group
Direct: 239-699-0142
http://LiloRealtor.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012
Give me a call. I moved here almost 25 yrs ago from Nashville TN (originally from KY) and had 2 children here that are now young adults. I will be more than happy to tell you about our school system and answer any other questions you may have. Cell: 239-707-4575
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 8, 2012