Schools in Orlando>Question Details

Eakardos, Other/Just Looking in Orlando, FL

Hi! I would love to find a 5 star school in orange county fl with a good ese program/ autism program. Thank you!

Asked by Eakardos, Orlando, FL Wed May 23, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Orlando

Answers

2
dr phillips elementary
palm lake elementary
young jhon elentary
Hello Eakardos;

Sorry that I respond so late. It took a bit of time to get the information together.

In Central Florida for Autistic children 6-18, there is The Paragon School (near Winter Park) and The Providence Academy (with a location off Alafaya Trail and another location in Windermere). For Learning Disabled schools that have different disabilities including some autism, there is Pace Brantley Hall School in Longwood and Avalon School near Rosemont. They all have pros and cons... it depends on the age of the child, the degree of severity with their disability and the goals the parents want to work on. Most of the schools are between 14,000 and 20,000. p/year with Paragon being the most expensive. Some children that have been in the Orange or Seminole public school system for at least a year with an IEP (Individual education plan) can receive some financial help from a McKay scholarship, but it typically does not pay more than 5-8K toward tuition and is a long process. For charter schools for children with autism, there is Princeton House (near Winter Park) and Access (near Winter Park). Access is for lower functioning teenagers working on vocational training and independent living skills. Princeton House serves moderate to lower functioning children with autism of all ages (I believe). Charter schools do not require tuition, but usually have wait lists. Other than that, the public schools have programs for autistic children as well. The Orange County public school website has info on their ESE programs.

Call me at 407-929-9674 if I can help you find a property.

Thank you.

Have a great day.

Alexander