Schools in Atlanta>Question Details

kyakayla, Renter in Atlanta, GA

Hi I am interested in relocating from PA, I would like to find out more about quality schools in the counties surrounding Atl Ga

Asked by kyakayla, Atlanta, GA Wed Jul 3, 2013

Email:kyakayla@yahoo.com

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Atlanta

Answers

6
Kyakayla,
Hello, one of the top Zip codes around Suburban Atlanta for families is in Alpharetta (30004, 30009), Milton (30009)/Crabapple area.
Very High end neighborhoods, and one the Top High Schools and MS is right here. Milton HS, and Northwestern MS are one of the top 3 in the State. Look into this area. You won't regret it.
I researched 6 years before relocating here from another State. Buckhead is excellent, BUT is not a "Family" high end Suburban area. It's more for Singles, couples W/O children, and/or young business people.
Alpharetta/Milton/Crabapple area on the other hand is a very high end area (homes varies from
$ 450's up to 5 Million)., tons of gated communities w/ Pool/Tennis/Clubhouse, City Parks, NorthPoint Mall is minutes away, movie theaters, restaurants, Shopping, all with less than 5min drive! And of course, the schools in here are Excellent. One of my children is doing a Pre Medicine program at Milton HS...which I couldn't find anywhere else.
Hope I have helped.
Kyakayla, if by quality you are talking about high academic standards - the basics are easy: Cobb County, North Fulton County, Gwinnett County and Cherokee County on the Northside, Fayette County on the Southside. All the best performing schools are in those counties.

There is a lot more you need to know about schools and neighborhoods, and I suggest you do the fine tuned research using the GA Department of Education website for more info and accurate stats. Understand that making a sound investment in a home is another thing altogether - there are plenty of areas in every county that will perform very poorly over time if you buy the wrong home. In some cases, your preferred price range for a home may limit you from certain school districts - and must be factored into the analysis.

I would avoid taking school recommendations from agents because it is a very personal decision that has to be right for your family and your children. I suggest you talk to someone who is not trying to push an area or school on you without finding out a lot more about what you want and need first - and ideally someone who had been in Atlanta at least 15 years or more years, or an Atlanta native.

Reach out to me and I would be happy to discuss your plans and give you some sound sources for more information based on your individual needs.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner
Professional Buyers Broker
New Home Construction Expert
ICC Code Certified Building Inspector
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
RobertWhitfield.com
TheHomeBuyersRep.com
Corporate Relocations | New Construction | Luxury & Investment Properties
Stephany, I can send you the ratings of schools in the Atlanta area. Please give me a call. I'm a graduate of Drexel University myself. Thanks.

Rick
Rick Hamilton, REALTOR®, MBA
RE/MAX METRO ATLANTA
cell 404-405-6992 / 877-429-2852
fax 404-745-0120
The Atlanta metro area is very large and the traffic can be challenging, so what's most important as you get started is looking at your work location. From there you can move out to see what communities are comfortable to you, commuting-wise, and what schools are what you're looking for. It's hard to answer a question like this without knowing your job location. Please feel free to contact me at any time, and I'll be glad to help.
Stephany Cross
Keller Williams Metro Atlanta
404-422-0747
stephany@jimcross.com
Hello kyakayla. Real estate agents are prohibited by Federal Law from discussing "quality" schools. since it might be considered steering, but you can find the info out yourself on line. Please consider using the link in web reference below. Call, text or email if we can provide further assistance. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499

http://www.georgiamls.com/agentsite/index.cfm?SiteID=HAMMONDJOHNM

http://www.chapmanhallprofessionals.com

http://www.SellsRealty.org

http://www.city-data.com/

http://www.greatschools.org/
Kyakayla,

As a PA transplant myself, I can help you in assessing which part of Atlanta my suit you best and align you with the right realtors who can find you the best values in the requisite cities/counties that make the most sense for you and your family. I made this move myself and there are things I learned after the fact that I wish I had known before we moved.

Let me know if I can assist you. Good luck with your move south.

Timothy Brown | LPO Manager
EVOLVE bank & trust
11605 Haynes Bridge Road Suite 125
Alpharetta, GA 30009
o. 770.255.3880 | f. 678.935.1156 | m. 678.467.9959
NMLS#: 168281