Schools in Georgia>Question Details

Kathy Willia…, Home Buyer in Little Egg Harbor, NJ

Hi..How are the schools and crime in Marietta and Fayetteville, GA areas?

Asked by Kathy Williams, Little Egg Harbor, NJ Mon Apr 7, 2008

We are planning to relocate to either Marietta or Fayetteville GA areas...We are moving from NJ and desire great schools...hopefully one with a swim team, gymnastics and girls softball. We love larger, more private wooded lots...near a lake would be a plus.

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Georgia

Answers

5
My family and I live in Marietta/ East Cobb. For us, this is the best place for families! Schools are unquestionable great, community amenities are abundant and convenient. PLUS it's really not hard to get most anywhere from East Cobb.

Our children both do swim team and softball and baseball. Sandy Plains Softball is huge! Great kids and parents. Cobb County has Lake Allatoona and isn't too far from Lake Lanier. There are an abundance of larger (1/2 acre plus) lots with trees if you don't mind buying a home that's 15-20 years old.

Good luck with your search! I'd love to be a resource if you have other questions and need assistance.
Hi Kathy,
For school info, please visit: http://www.greatschools.net and for city information stats please visit city-data.com
Web Reference: http://www.torilawson.com
From a realtor in Cobb...As a lifetime resident of Cobb...
Marietta City Schools...Hummmm.
Cobb County Schools- Some of the top ranked in the state. Especialy Northwest, Middle and East Cobb Schools. Stay away from South Cobb. Cobb County has Home Depot and Coke headquarters here. I have sold many homes to transferees who only want "great schools" and resonable home prices. Cobb is always a safe bet. Many times, before my transferring clients call me, they have already spoken with employees/ employer about advice on where to live and 9 out of ten times they call me wanting "just Cobb." It's clean, safe, close to the city...you hardly ever hear about Cobb on the 6 o'clock news!
Web Reference: http://www.teamweeks.net
Kathy--I am actually selling my house in the Marietta area due to a divorce. Lake Alatoona is very close and the house is on a private wooded lot. I grew up in Marietta and played softball (and still do as an adult). Cobb is great for that. I am putting the link to my listing - 962 Chippendale Trail, Marietta, Ga. 30064. Good Luck!
Kathy -

Marietta City Schools in COBB County 2008:

There is a change in 2008 for the Marietta City Schools (MCS). MCS now offers its Choice Academies program at all seven of its elementary schools. Marietta City residents may now send their child to their zoned elementary school or to ANY of the outstanding elementary schools in our district. Each elementary facility offers a specific learning program so parents can choose the school that best fits their child's skills and interests. This is an excellent option for parents who love a certain house or neighborhood, but prefer the program at a different Marietta elementary school.

Marietta City Schools continues to be a shining star in COBB County educational system:

They been listed among Newsweek's "Top U.S. School Systems" for several years in a row
The 2008 Georgia State Teacher of the Year is from MCS
Marietta High School is consistently named in among top 5% of all US high schools
All of MCS met state progress goals in 2007 (only 29% of all Georgia school districts accomplished this goal)
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta

John J. Reinhardt

678.784.4440

http://www.InFrontMarketing.com