Schools in 10034>Question Details

Yesenia Avil…, Renter in New York, NY

Hey I am looking for an apartment for a family daycare

Asked by Yesenia Aviles, New York, NY Thu Aug 25, 2011

it has to be in the first or second floor, in the inwood community , zip code 10034

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 10034

Help the community by answering this question:


Dear Yesenia,
If I understand the question correctly, you would like to run a daycare center out of an apartment. This is illegal!You cannot legally use a residential apartment for a commercial purpose such as a business, nor for an educational purpose with a large group of students such as children. The space for a daycare center must be a legal commercial space, and then for an educational or daycare purpose, must be legally configured for that use (emergency exits, emergency lighting, wide aisles and plenty of egress). In addition, permits must be filed with the NYC Dept. of Buildings and NYC Fire Dept. to ensure that the space is properly configured for a daycare center for the safety of the children. You should consult with a commercial real estate broker to find such a space for you, and stay away from residential apartments for a daycare center. You can get in a lot of trouble if you attempt to do that! If I can be of any other help to you, please call me anytime! Glenn K. @ Vazquez & Vazquez Real Estate Associates (917)-941-0210
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 25, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer