Schools in Portsmouth>Question Details

Landbmom, Other/Just Looking in Portsmouth, VA

Help!!!! I need a good school for my Pre-k and 2nd grader near West Parkview

Asked by Landbmom, Portsmouth, VA Sun Apr 26, 2009

I have been doing quite a bit of research in the area on schools. I get the impression that Parkview Elementary is over crowded and the teachers are over worked, though the curriculum is liked. I checked out Court Street Academy and was not impressed. I am VERY disappointed in the notion that I have to pay $6800 to $14,700 per child to get my kids a good education. Does anyone have ANY alternatives?
--
This question is about Park View Elementary School: http://www.trulia.com/schools/VA-Portsmouth/Park_View_Elemen…

Answers

1
Since Park View is zoned for Park View Elementary, your only other option would be a private school. Court Street Academy is a wonderful school. I've heard great things about Sweethaven Elementary as well. Alliance Christian and Portsmouth Christian are also known to be great schools. Of course all of these are private schools so I'm not sure what you're looking at for pricing.