Schools in San Jose>Question Details

KasKa, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Hello, We're moving to the bay area in April this year and will be missing Open Enrollment season. Can we still find schools for the kids?

Asked by KasKa, San Francisco, CA Tue Jan 22, 2013

I have two elementary school aged kids (grades 1 and 4) and am looking at public schools in los altos, palo alto, cupertino or fremont (MSJ)..

0 votes Share Flag Schools in San Jose

Help the community by answering this question:


Each school district has its own policies. In general you will not have any trouble enrolling your kids in public schools but you will likely have little choice in which school they attend. In some school districts, Palo Alto for example, your kids may not be able to attend the school closest to your new home. You will also need to prove that you live in the school district.

I have links to schools in many cities on my website:
Palo Alto Schools:
Los Altos Schools:
Cupertino Schools:

Welcome to the south bay!

Juliana Lee, MBA LLB
Cell: 650-857-1000
Top 3 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 home sales completed in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 25, 2013

You might peruse or for information on schools. To see which school district a particular address is served by, go to http://www. href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"> and enter an address in the Live Demo. A map of the location will open up. Click on the drop downs to the left of the map for information on the address, including the school districts. You can see maps of the districts by clicking on the legend, choose school districts, labels, borders, and then play with zoom levels. My wife's company developed and owns the latter of these three sites, and we would be very interested in your feedback.

I'm also a realtor and mortgage banker living in San Jose who would be happy to assist you to look for a home, condo, or mobile home in the areas you mentioned. You can reach me at:

Mitchell Pearce
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 23, 2013
Yes, you will be able to enroll you kinds into the schools even if you move in the middle of the year. I assume, you are talking about the public schools - they have to accommodate all residents in the enrollment area. So, find a school you like and I will be able to help you find housing within the desired school boundaries. In most of the school districts you will have to provide a proof of residency to enroll.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2013
Hello Kaska,

You can contact the school district and speak to them directly. I am sure you will receive a better answer from them. Usually, I have seen that kids get enrolled in the middle of the school year. If your home school doesn't have space, they will get you a spot in another school with the same district.
Below is contact information for CUSD.
Cupertino Union School District
10301 Vista Drive
Cupertino, CA 95014
Phone: (408) 252-3000

25 Churchill Ave, Palo Alto · (650) 329-3737

Where are you moving from? Are you renting or buying? Please feel free to contact me for relocation assistance.

Best Regards,

Monica Goyal
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2013
Dear KasKa,

I believe that you can. You can contact the school and find out more information since it could be a different process for each school.
You should visit my website and use "Find A Home", which is connected to MLS. All properties will also be provided Elementary School for your children to attend.

Best wishes,
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2013
Yes you can find schools. My staff and I handle all aspects of the relocation process. We can assist you in defining API Test Scores for all of your preferred schools.

Are you interested in housing needs that are in the form of a rental or purchase form?

If you would be kind enough to forward your email and contact information I will be more than pleased to provide you with school, API testing and property information.

My contact number is as follows:

Jinaye Conley
The Conley Real Estate Group
Relocation Specialists

Cell direct: 408-497-6528
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer