Schools in Honolulu>Question Details

Tara McCallum, Real Estate Pro in Honolulu, HI

Hello. I am moving to Hawaii (prefer to be near Honolulu for work) in the fall. I will have a 5th grade student.

Asked by Tara McCallum, Honolulu, HI Fri May 4, 2012

I have a list of schools from great schools.net and school digger.com. First I want to narrow my decision to top 3 before I start looking for a home to rent. Any opinions? Noelani (on Woodlawn Dr); Nuuanu (on Puiwa Lane); Manoa (on Manoa Road); Maemae (on Wyllie Street); Moanalua (on Mahiole Street); Aliamanu (on Salt Lake Boulevard); Waikiki (on Leahi Avenue); and Voyager Charter (Auahi -- is that a lottery school or if you live in the area you can go?)

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Honolulu

Answers

3
Lauren Engelhardt’s answer
Aloha,
I am a real Estate Agent for Distinctive Homes Hawaii. I have a daughter in 1st grade at Manoa Elementary. Noelani is just across the way & these are 2 of the best schools in the state for public. If you can find a rental or better yet buy a home in Manoa Valley, you will think you live in heaven.
Its 10 minutes to downtown,and Waikiki is about 7 minutes drive. The Manoa Park is wonderful for families. If you need help finding a place to live shoot me an email @
lauren@dhhre.com
Good Luck,
Lauren
What an exciting time for you and your family. Honolulu is a relatively small area so you have basically a 15 min drive to Waikiki or Downtown from any of the area’s you mentioned. I also have a little 3 year old so your concerns are very familiar. I would target the top school that you want to attend and look for rentals in that area. If there are none in your price range move to the 2nd best school and so on. I hope this helps.

Aloha,
Russ Trinidad
808-782-HOME (4663)
Thanks!
Flag Sat May 5, 2012
What did you decide Tarainjag? I am thinking Waldorf for my kids.