Schools in Princeton>Question Details

omsrspa, Home Buyer in Princeton, NJ

Hello Everybody, We are renting in Plainsboro and we are looking to buy a house in Plainsboro/South Brunswick/Monroe

Asked by omsrspa, Princeton, NJ Wed Feb 27, 2013

Monroe has new contruction and i guess lot of people are moving there, but the school ratings are low as compared to Plainsboro and South Brunswick. South brunswick on the other hand has older homes but a good school district. We love plainsboro as it offers the best school district but its toooo pricey. Just wanted to know which area would be a sensible choice keeping the school district and a reasonable newer home in mind. Thank You!!

Answers

8
Victoria Wang’s answer
Hi omsrspa,

It's quite a complicated question as we need to take a lot of factors into account and we need to define what is your 'sensible value' means. As you might have found, house value, property tax and education (school district) always go hand in hand. Depends on the price range and type of houses you are looking for, we need to sit down to analyze and identify where will be best 'for your family'. But before we can do that, you need to consider what is most important to your family: the age of the house, or the condition of the house? Or the school district? ...

If you like, we can sit down to evaluate your situation and find out where will be the most sensible choice for 'YOU', because at the end of the day, it really depends on what you want most....

Cheers!
Victoria Wang
609-751-7671
Weichert Realtor Princeton
If I were you I would open to the areas you just mentioned, Plainsboro, South Brunswick and Monroe. Believe me, you will find your dream home with the good school district. Once you fall in love with the house, nobody can change your mind.

Christina Wang
Weichert Realtors
Office: 609-799-3500
Cell : 609-865-8148
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
Did you make a home decision yet?
If school district is important and the budget not as big - then you might consider smaller home options

I'd be happy to help find your dream home within your budget!

Lisa Weil
609.240.9879
lweil@glorianilson.com
I would open to every possibility, and it will fall into place by itself.
Christina Wang
Weichert Realtors
Office : 609-799-3500
Cell : 609-865-8148
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013
I would go along with the Condo or Townhouse in Plainsboro and South Brunswick which usually are newer construction than the older homes if I were you.
Thank you very much.

Christina Wang
Weichert Realtors
Office : 609-799-3500
Cell : 609-865-8148
Hi Omsrspa,

It sounds like you are considering a single family home rather than a town home.

If you are a first time home buyer, there are many aspects of a home purchase & ownership that may or may not have been factored in.
Creating a running list of lifestyle, financial & commuting needs, is only 1 piece of the planning that goes into preparing for a home purchase.

A local Realtor can quickly sift through your questions, concerns and and bring to your attention, aspects that you may not be aware of or have considered.

The value of a Q&A board lies in providing information or answers on general aspects - You get the benefit of responses from many professionals.

But, when it comes to LOCAL real estate, it is best to work with 1 Local & experienced Realtor, who will design a customized strategy for you............especially if you're a 1st time home buyer & especially if you're at the initial stage of your real estate search.

Please do not hesitate to contact if you have any further questions.

Shalu Thaman - Realtor,ePRO
Keller Williams Princeton Real Estate
Cell # 609.577.5861
Fax # 609.613.5907
http://PrincetonHomeNj.com
https://www.facebook.com/PrincetonNJhomesforsale
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shaluthaman
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
You are correct about Monroe. Plainsboro is not too prices it depends on what your
budget its.

I would love to help you find your new home.

25 years successfully selling real estate in the area.

Joyce Begg
Weidel Realtors
609-658-5839
Plainsboro homes are sought for their stellar school district and easy access to Princeton Junction train station for commuters. South Brunswick has blue ribbon schools and more homes compared to Plainsboro. Monroe has newer homes to offer.

I am a local realtor and I would be happy to help. If you would like to see homes in these areas, you can reach me directly at 609-606-5077.

Sweta
Well here is my thought after 24 years in this business Plainsboro you cannot go wrong it has great school, good investment for the future. If you want to discuss this further call me or e-mail me at Krytes@aol.com there is no obligation and I would love to share with you my 24 years of experience.

Joyce Begg
Weidel Realtors
609-658-5839