Schools in 44107>Question Details

Tamara Washio, Home Buyer in Bay Village, OH

Has the crime rate increased in Lakewood? I have heard rumors about this being the trend.

Asked by Tamara Washio, Bay Village, OH Mon Apr 26, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 44107

Answers

5
I find it quite interesting that all the "positive" answers come from realtors...How amazing! I have lived in Lakewood my whole life and I can honestly say that I agree with what John answered in his post. The sad fact is, Lakewood has "gone down the hill" from the way things were years ago. Partly due to all the taverns that have popped up all over and the landlords that don't care anymore who they rent to! I live on the "Western" end, close to the Rocky River border, and things are getting worse over here too. Maybe not "as bad" as the eastern end of Lakewood, but still not as nice as in the past.
Yes it is increasing. The western side isn't so bad. The closer you get to the Cleveland boarder the worse the neighborhood is.
Thank you for the up date.
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Thank you for the up date.
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Thank you for the up date.
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Thank you for the up date.
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Thank you for the up date.
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Hi Tamara,
Everyone worries about crime, particularly when they will be investing their life savings in a property. I love Lakewood and its interesting and diverse community. Lots to be involved with if you choose that community. Here is a link to Lakewood's police department. The rumors will always be present in any community. Best to ask the people who really know the answers, and follow your instincts. Good people make good communities. Residents who are aware, and involved make a difference. http://www.lakewoodalive.com/directory.html

Best of luck in your search, and call if you need anything!
Doris & Michael Wright
Century 21 HomeStar 440-231-0977
Tamara,

I totally agree with Jim, I actually work the Lakewood Real Estate Market and have lived here in Lakewood for 15 years...and I will say that this market is one of the best markets for Real Estate in the area. Homes are in demand here so when they go up for sale the traffic is phenominal.

There are professionals here in the city as well as young families just starting out. The community offers so many activities for families.

Crime is everywhere and I am sure there are folks who will tell you of their experiences but as far as my own experiences; I haven't had any bad experiences to speak of. My neighbors are great people and have been longtime residents themselves who take pride in their community. The schools are very nice and the teachers care about the kids. (We have 3 children in the Lakewood School System ranging from Elementary to High School.)

I would suggest you visit the area at different times in the day to see if it suits your needs. The Lakewood Police Department can give you crime data and statistics.

You can always contact me with any other questions at my contact information below.

Kelli Glover
Keller Williams
Direct: 216-272-3877
Fax: 440-808-9344
Email: kelliglover@kw.com

Real Estate Professional
Your Trusted Advocate; Expert Customer Service, Proven Results!
Thanks for your inquiry. I have no data on crime statistics. Perhaps consult the Lakewood Police Dept...

I will say that I've been hearing the "Lakewood's going to the dogs" thing since I was in high school (30 years ago) and the dogs haven't taken over yet!! In fact, Lakewood has one of the healthiest, most vibrant real estate markets in the region. Thanks-