Schools in Davenport>Question Details

Minnie, Other/Just Looking in Davenport, IA

Harrison Elementary or John F. Kennedy Catholic School and why?

Asked by Minnie, Davenport, IA Mon Apr 14, 2008

Answers

2
i spent over 10,000.00 for private schools for my daughter before she entered 1st. grade. she spent 1st grade thru 5th grade at harrison elementary. I love the dedication of her teachers and the school as a whole. this was when mr. green was the principle. i have talked to teachers from other schools who try to get a job at harrison because it is ranked very high in iowa because of the iowa test scores. i have also talked to teachers who teach at assumption high school and they can easily tell which students went to john f. kennedy school. my opinion. if you can afford the education go and check out j.f.k. and continue on to assumption high school. also look into rivermont collegiate as one of the best in the area. my daughter is 12 and she still remembers the great experience she had at rivermont pre school.
Minnie,

I have lived in Davenport all of my life and have found the Davenport Schools to be outstanding. Our daughter went to Harrison Elementary where she excelled in the specialized AGATE program, frequently won spelling bee contests going on to the state level, was under a Duke University study program while at Harrison, graduated Davenport Central High School with Honors, had a 4.0 at Cornell College, and is now working on her Masters.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this or if I may be of assistance to you or your friends with their Real Estate needs.

Lucky :)