Schools in Fleming Island>Question Details

exceptionalf…, Renter in Saint Augustine, FL

Green Cove Springs or Fleming Island in regards to schools and safety?

Asked by exceptionalfitness, Saint Augustine, FL Thu May 1, 2014

Hello. My family and I are moving to FL in November and are looking at properties in both Green Cove Springs and Fleming Island. I would love insight on which area the schools are better, we have one in elementary and one going into high school, and which area is safer with lower crime rates? Any other information you would like to include about the areas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Good information for all schools to help you make an educated choice. I'm a Realtor in Fleming Island servicing Green Cove Springs and Fleming Island. If you need any assistance finding a home please feel free to contact me. Victoria Gregory 904-568-2008
I have one child in Fleming high and one in Clay high. I would say they are both excellent schools. My daughter at Clay is a special needs students so I cannot tell you much about other classes there but I find the staff at Clay outstanding. Fleming has fantastic programs and the teachers email me, keep me informed ect. They also have an excellent arts program and ROTC program. We moved from St Augustine, so it was hard to compare it to where I moved from. Fleming has a new high school that is state of the art. Clay is older but an excellent school.

Do keep in mind that you will not find the culture in Fleming that you had in St Augustine, which was a let down for me, but the trade offs made it ok. Crime is almost nill,, shopping very close by, great schools. Ect.

I almost bought a home in Green Cove but the deal fell through. Frankly, looking back I'm glad it did. I found out later the neighborhood had a lot of foreclosures that were bought by investors and there were too many rental properties for my taste, Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 3, 2014
Thanks so much!
Flag Mon May 12, 2014