Schools in Midland>Question Details

Mike Schneid…, Home Buyer in Picture Rocks, PA

Great Elementary Schools

Asked by Mike Schneider, Picture Rocks, PA Sun Jun 24, 2012

My wife and I are looking at houses down in Midland due to a recent job opportunity. We would be moving down from North Eastern PA. We are in a great school district now, and want to be in another great school district that has lots of updated homes in the area. Our boys are in elementary. Any help would be great!

P.S. Are there neighborhoods that have .5 acre lots that would fit the above needs as well?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Midland

Answers

2
Hi, The neighborhood is one of the most alluring qualities of this home. I am unaware of any crime within this neighborhood. I am a police officer and there are several law enforcement officials who live within the area. Our neighbors look after one another while people are away on vacation. A lot of people still leave their garage doors open all day, but I would not personally recommend that. At Halloween, the streets are filled with hundreds of kids and families who come from all over the Greenwood and Midland area, because this is such a safe and friendly neighborhood. Throughout the day and night, it is peaceful and quiet. At night, you can see a lot more stars than one could ever observe from town.

Town is about a 10-15 minute trip, so you get used to buying groceries once a week. There is a country store that is a couple blocks away for those times you need to purchase things like milk, eggs, fuel, ice, or hotdog/hamburger buns for a BBQ.

Nearly all of the houses are on at least half acre lots, which makes a nice comfortable space between each house. The spacious amount of land is great for those interested in having a cool workshop, or whatever you may desire. We lived here since 1999, and our children attended the Greenwood school. It has a much better reputation than the public schools in Midland ISD. The school district does not tolerate gangs, drugs, and disrespectful behavior. If children are out of line, they are kicked out of the school district where they can go to the Midland Schools. It has an excellent family type atmosphere, and the kids are able to see their friends as they progress through the grades.

The home itself does well with energy efficiency. It is totally electric, so that is a little different than most in town. The AC/Furnace are in good order, and were completely replaced with a top quality Lennox brand system in 2003. It gets powerfully warm during the summer here, so a strong AC system is a necessity. Ceiling fans in all the rooms are another nice feature when living in the desert. The water for the home is supplied through a local Greenwood water system. It works similar to what one would have in town. The house has a new twin concrete tank septic system and drain field, which will last several decades.

There is a wood burning fireplace that is used more for atmosphere, but we never used it to provide an additional source of heat. The two bathrooms are newly remodeled and look great. The carpeting in the bedrooms, hallway, and living room were removed. Presently those rooms have just the concrete floors. We purposely left them this way so the new buyer could install whatever type of flooring they like. The back patio was enclosed by a previous owner, and it is incomplete. It is not heated or cooled; therefore it is not considered part of the square footage. We used the room for storage.

My familly and I really enjoyed this house. Even though we moved to a neighboring city, it took a long time to find another neighborhood that was similar to that of the one in Greenwood.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you,

Steven and Michelle
Ok so first you sound like you are talking about a neighborhood in the first 3 paragraphs. Then you start talking about your home or old home and to me it sounds like you are trying to sell your home. However you don't have a link or anything like that. Please clarify. I appreciate the info on the community as well thank you!
Flag Sun Jun 24, 2012
The neighborhoods that serve Greathouse Elementary, Santa Rita Elamentary, and Scharbauer Elementary probably fit your bill, but not all of them will hald a full half acre lot... as a matter of fact, there will be few that have that much land unless you start looking a little further out. here is a link to an Elemantary school map:

http://www.midlandisd.net/cms/lib01/TX01000898/Centricity/Do…

If you have additional questions, feel free to give me a call.

Brandon McMorries
(432) 664-8264