Schools in Baltimore>Question Details

scherzomom, Home Buyer in Baltimore, MD

Does this school accomodate high functioning autistic students with an inclusion program?

Asked by scherzomom, Baltimore, MD Sat Oct 6, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3070551405-7006-Sherwood-Rd-3…

Answers

4
Besides calling Bd of Ed, call an autism support group that has youth on same spectrum and find out where students parents have found best level of success. Villa Maria has excellent programs!
Villa Maria Schools
2300 Dulaney Valley Rd
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
410.252.4700
villamar@cc-md.org

Then visit those schools during school hours. I teach autistic youth on all spectrums on high school level at Md School for the Blind on certificate track. Students must have IEP and suffer vision impairment. We take prek to age 20/21. Battle Monument a good school as I subbed there multiple times. If child is Prek to elementary Campfield Early Childhood Center is excellent as I regularly subbed there as well.

Visit http://www.bcps.org/offices/special_ed/child-find.html for help. God bless, and all the best to you!
Your best bet is to call Baltimore County Schools. Agents would not have knowledge as to the programs available in each school, and those programs could change based on current student needs. Make sure to specify which grade level - elementary, middle or high school, so they can better answer your questions.

The main phone number for Baltimore County Schools is 410-887-4554. The Board of Education's number is 410-887-4126.

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much!

Marney Kirk
Keller Williams Excellence Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Unless the real estate agent has direct knowledge of this they would not be able to answer your question. My own son is a high functioning Asberger's Syndrome child and he attended Lutherville Lab, Ridgely Middle and is now at Towson High School. My advice to you is to contact Stoneleigh Elementary and talk to the administrators, counsellors and school psychologist. Stoneleigh E.S. has an excellent reputation and so does Dumbarton Middle School. The high school for this area is Towson, the same one that my child goes to.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
To be totally honest with you, a real estate agent would not be the best person to ask. Are you asking about elementary, middle or high school? I would call the school board to ask questions specifically about the school.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012