Schools in Hermosa Beach>Question Details

Sean Perfit, Real Estate Pro in Hermosa Beach, CA

Does Hermosa Beach have a good school district? And what highschools are assigned with Hermosa beach

Asked by Sean Perfit, Hermosa Beach, CA Mon Nov 26, 2007

Answers

4
Hermosa has an excellent elementary and intermediate school. The do not have their own high school . However high school students have a choice of attending either Mira Costa in Manhattan Beach or Redondo Union in South Redondo.
Web Reference: http://kayethomas4homes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 26, 2007
Kaye Thomas, Real Estate Pro in 90266
Hi Sean,

In addition to the other comments i would like to add this:

i actually have a son that attended both the View and Valley Schools in Hermosa Beach. I can tell you first hand that its better than good, due to the high parental involvement, challenging courses, and small tight knit faculty. There is also a deep genuine concern for the students and tremendously dedicated faculty. The principals know most of the students by first name due to small school size. My son excelled at both schools and was more than prepared to choose to attend Mira Costa.(He could have also choosen Redondo Union) I was glad I choose Hermosa Beach schools.
Hermosa Beach has a great elementary school called Hermosa View. The teachers are so carefully selected that you feel the parents could have done the hiring. Same said for the next school, Hermosa Valley School. I have a grandchild that attended both schools and the quality of the teachers is amazing. The housing prices in our areas are connected to our schools value. The family life of each child is very supportive to the school in our experience. My husband graduated from Mira Costa and it has always been a great school in our area. Students graduate and go on to many other areas from theatre to sports and UCLA, USC and to the East Coast schools too. The choice of Redondo High for Hermosa residents is a good option also. I found that the school that the "friends were choosing" was the reason one would be chosen over another. One neighbor has a daughter that chose Redondo High was for just that reason.
How nice to have that option. There a lot of private schools that people choose and those schools are great as well. Our son went to Chadwick in Palos Verdes. He was attending a private school that his brothers and sisters went to and we just kept the private school thing going. We didn't know our area schools yet and commuted to work in Century City. Now that we have lived here and had a relationship with the schools we can really reccomend them.
Web Reference: http://teamatthebeach.com
In addition to what the last professional said let me add that Mira Costa is ranked no. 5 in the state which we as a community are very proud of. Almost everyone agrees that this has been a major factor in the incredible property value increase of the last 10 years. As a former School Board candidate I can tell you the community is very involved and active when it comes to their school systems.