Schools in 33710>Question Details

sarahe.murph…, Home Buyer in Saint Petersburg, FL

Do we have a choice of which elementary school?

Asked by sarahe.murphy5, Saint Petersburg, FL Thu Oct 20, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 33710

Answers

3
Hi Sarah,

I would suggest going to the Pinellas County School Web site: http://it.pinellas.k12.fl.us/schools/

If you go under the zoned school indicator you can put an address in to see which school it would be zoned for.
"Currently, parents have the option to have their child attend their zoned neighborhood school, or to apply to a magnet, fundamental or career academy program. The district offers 6 elementary magnet programs, 4 middle school magnets, 11 high school magnets, 10 career academies, 5 designated career technical programs, and 4 elementary area magnets." To get an in-depth look into these programs, go to the website and click on the corresponding headings

. Since you live in the Tampa Bay area, I also have a free automated service called CITY (Curbside Info to You) available 24/7. I issue you a number you can call on ANY Real Estate For Sale sign and a computer reads the MLS information to you from the street address for all ACTIVE MLS listings. If this would be helpful let me know. I just need your cell phone and an email to register it. Once it is registered you won't get annoying follow up calls. If you want to talk to me there is a prompt or you can call me on my cell. If you want to put it on multiple phones, I can put up to three numbers on one user name. Just send the numbers you want added. I will email you the number you call in on and get the information. Put it in your favorites for quick access when you are driving around. I use it all the time.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155

http://pamcohn.wordpress.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 23, 2011
Pinellas County offers a plan that they refer to as “School Choice”. It was initially patterned from the Plan that Hillsborough County successfully got approved by the Florida Courts. I am very familiar with this plan since I was one of the original designers while serving as Chairman of the School Systems Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC), and had authored a similar plan in 1992 while a candidate for the school board. The plan has it’s limitations and it would be strongly suggested that you contact the Pinellas County School Board so that you can make a well informed decision on your needs. I will also add that as of today, the Pinellas County School Board is considering a redesigning of the plan and a positive vote on such a measure could affect your children.
Yes, Azalea is one of the elementary schools in 33710, but you do have a choice.