Schools in The Hielscher>Question Details

sgprince, Home Owner in Austin, TX

Covenant Restrictions cannot be enforced in Circle C.

Asked by sgprince, Austin, TX Mon Jul 8, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1049374650-7213-Lapin-Cv-Aust…

Answers

1
Hi there,

I live in Circle C and while it is true that the CCRs do not specifically mention the board being able to "fine" for violations, there is a process for filing complaints and the management does respond to those complaints and issues notices of violations. I myself have been frustrated in the past with seemingly slow or no response from the board to my own complaints of violations. I hired my own attorney to review the CCRs and his opinion was the board did have the authority to fine. At the time, the board had a couple of attorneys on the board, whose opinion was fines could not be levied. They were in the process of rewriting the bylaws to allow for fines, but I'm not sure what the status is now. While most of the owners in Circle C do a great job of maintaining their homes and yards, there are some that simply do not care, and unfortunately, those have the potential of bringing the value down for the houses in the immediate area...at least in a regular market...which we are NOT in. If you are a homeowner in Circle C, I would encourage you to try and work with the board. If you are a buyer, I would not let the issue scare you from buying in Circle C. It's still a GREAT place to live and call home.