Schools in Fresno>Question Details

estelamacfu, Renter in Fresno, CA

Can someone tell me if Bullard high school is a good school? We are planing to move from LA and our family lives on tha area.

Asked by estelamacfu, Fresno, CA Wed Mar 6, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Fresno

Answers

6
It's an okay school . They tend to make the students study the state exam more then working the basics that they need to graduate.
We have lived about a block away from Bullard High School for 25 years and all 6 of our children attended BH. Last week we attended a special graduation program called the Night of Knights for our youngest son who will be graduating next month.

I was so impressed to see that Bullard has 50 Valedictorians. What a great group of kids. And of course I am immensely proud of our youngest son's achievement. He was among the top of the TOP, graduating Summa Cum Laude and the recipient of multiple awards.

I love the Bullard High area. For me as a Realtor, its not the greatest neighborhood to farm. When we moved her nearly all our neighbors were ORIGINAL owners of home built in the 50's - 60's. The homes dont change hands that often.

The most positive aspects - imo:

This area offers the best bang for your buck.
The neighborhoods and yards are very mature [park-like]
Good schools
...And Fig Garden Village.

As for the former comments about drugs --- I have friends whose children attended the higher rated and NEWER Clovis schools and they have just as much if not more drug problems. Geesh, one of my friends whose kids went to those "BETTER" schools had both his sons doing heroin.

Not much to say on the negative side. I have noticed a little "tagging" in the last couple of years and within the last year or so - probably due to the crappy economy - we had two break-and-enters during the day. As a result a neighborhood watch program was started by another Realtor. (smart move on his part he got everybody's email address and phone numbers - just sayin')

Good luck with your move.
NOT ANYMORE, LOTS OF KIDS WITH MONEY AND ACESS TO TONS OF PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS I NO LONGER RECOMMEND
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Pat Howe, Realtor, Fresno, Ca.

Bullard High School is an outstanding school and generally has more students accepted at the University Of Calif. than other schools in Fresno County. They excel in academics and sports, etc..

Parents are presently voicing their protests to the District to make sure they maintain high standards for the students--and it's a noisy fight.

Clovis schools are excellent but also have problems--which they mostly make sure aren't discussed. They excel in academics and sports, etc.

.The Fresno/Clovis area has some beautiful areas of homes to buy and if yours is in the Bullard High School area it will be great. My grand daughter recently graduated as a Valedictorian and my grandson is doing great. Both have enjoyed being "Bullard Knights"!
Historically Bullard has been a good area and school, however, that reputation has been a little on the decline of late. According to greatschools.org it ranks Bullard as a 5 out of 10. The highest rated schools of late in our area have been those in the Clovis unified school discrtict. Check out the greatschools.org website, it gives a great overview of all the schools in the area.
I've lived in this area of Bullard for over 26 years. Both my step children went to Bullard and it has a lot to offer. Great area. What is your time frame for moving and what can I do to help?
Ronda Good

559-246-5399