Schools in Oconomowoc>Question Details

Buyer1, Home Buyer in Oconomowoc, WI

Can anyone tell me about Mapleton Lake in Oconomowoc? Is it a nice lake to swim in/ fishing any good?

Asked by Buyer1, Oconomowoc, WI Fri Feb 11, 2011

Answers

4
Mapleton Lake is 35 aces and really more like a pond and marsh area than a lake. I can not say there is a lot of swimming frontage. You can fish but you can only take non-motorized water craft into the lake. Home buyers in in this area probably sought the wildlife and views more than the recreation aspect of the lake. Please let feel free to contact me with any other questions. Jen Burns 262-617-9333
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 11, 2011
FYI - I gave you the wrong MLS # before. The correct one is 1154816.

Bob
It's pretty much a private pond with a few properties on it. The one I see for sale is 84 acres in size, so this parcel is large and pricey. If you want the details I'll email the link and you don't have to enroll in anything to get details. It's a quiet piece of water for paddling around a small boat, may not be the most desireable for swimming.
Bob Baudo RE/MAX Realty 100 findbob@wi.rr.com
Good Morning!

Mapleton Lake is small and very private - only 13 houses. the rest is surrounded by farm fields. The fishing is good and its a great place to canoe, kayak, paddle boat, etc. Swimming can be a little iffy depending on the weather as the weeds can sometimes really creep up.

There is one house for sale right now on the lake - 5720 W MAPLETON LAKE DR Oconomowoc, WI 53066 MLS #296590. I would be happy to show it to you and enroll you in Badgerland's 20% Buyer Rewards Program as well. You can get all the details on our website - GoBadgerland.com. It's the very best program in the business. FYI - every property in the MLS qualifies:)

Just let me know when you are free.

Bob Tarantino, President
Badgerland Realtors, LLC
(262) 732-5802
C: (414) 640-6416
Bob@GoBadgerland.com