Schools in 48371>Question Details

Shawn Herceg, Both Buyer and Seller in Madison Heights, MI

Can anyone give advise on Oxford elem. schools? We are looking to move but not all have great reviews on School Digger website-namely Lakeville. Help!

Asked by Shawn Herceg, Madison Heights, MI Fri Apr 20, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 48371

Answers

9
Our 2 boys attended Daniel Axford, and Oxford elementary.
I cannot say enough about the teachers and administrators there.
We transferred from the Bloomfield Hills school district, and we prefer the Oxford school experience. Everyone seems to enjoy their jobs and everything is about the kids(the way it is supposed to be-but forgotten by so many!)
My oldest is in his first year at the middle school, and it has been a good experience so far.
I have lived in the Oxford District for twenty years and have been a substitute teacher here for 10 years. I am literally in every building. We are blessed to have great elementary schools. Clear Lake Elementary stands out because of the parent involvement. They are very dedicated. It makes all of the teachers better educators and really holds them accountable. The entire district had upgrades in school layouts and computers. It is a great school system. I personally would like to see more attention to our MEAP scores and less on the focus of learning Chinese. I think that is viewed by most parents here. Go to the schools and get a tour from an administrators. Check out the libraries/cafeterias/gyms. See what the halls look like. Are they full of student work in showcases and on the walls? Is it clean? Are you comfortable there? If you smiles on the teachers and students, then you know your children will be happy to learn there. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Oops I meant still working in macomb. Sorry for typo.
I went to Oxford schools...they are all great. I actually went to the one off Lakeville rd when it was a high school. Don't let a trailer park deceive you if your kids would go there. There are "good and bad" people in any community. Drive around at night is always a good idea when looking for a house. If you want a great home with some property, my mom is selling her home. Mls 212035951 5770 havens rd Dryden mi. Great local especially if anyone will still be wiling in macomb. We used to live in warren. I am not a realtor. :) good luck!
My daughter went to Clear Lake Elementary which we live close by to and the schools great. Teachers and prinicipal are nice and the familys around here are great. I wouldn't recommend Lakeville school, it's so close to the middle school and Trailer Park next door where lots of problems have been happening and I wouldn't want my kids around that or the children that have been raised around those problems.
So sad that you have this mindset.
Flag Wed Feb 5, 2014
I have to say that by your remarks you must be a very closed minded parent. I am a single mom of 3 boys, and because of the contributions of their father I had to move into the trailer park(lake villa) . My older boys had been told by many that they must be "trailer trash"..and that was by their piers. It is people like you that raise their kids to judge others that way that makes the kids make these judgements. It really makes me sad to think that in this day and age, with bullying so prevelent that there are parents like you that teach your kids to judge others this way. All Oxford schools are very good, and make you feel like you are part of an extended family.
Flag Thu Sep 12, 2013
Hi Shawn, I live in the district and would love help you! Please feel free to email me directly at lfisher@cbwm.com

Lori Fisher
Coldwell Banker Weir Manuel
248-656-6666
Shawn,

Greatschools.org is a great resource as Mark suggested. As you study the school data, don't forget that MEAP scores had their baseline "recalibrated" recently. This link is from the Lake Orion district site that explains it, but the idea is still the same for Oxford:

http://www.lakeorion.k12.mi.us/test_scores.htm

Happy to help with any further questions you have...
Pete Maver
National Realty Centers
http://www.myoxfordhome.com
http://www.greatschools.org/

https://oeaa.state.mi.us/ayp/

Real Estate Agents are not allowed to comment on the pros or cons of school districts. We can however educate by referring you to websites. Try the two links above. Additionally, I would suggest that you call the school of interest and schedule an appointment.

Please call if I can be of further help!

Mark t. Mergener

Cell - 248 935-0335
Dear Homebuyer. Realtors are not allowed to give information about school districts - by law. Your best bet is to go to the school and check them out or go to the local schoolboard. Information can be found on the town's website. As a mother I can tell you my son attends Lakeville elem :)