Schools in 32955>Question Details

feeneyjo38, Home Buyer in Rockledge, FL

Can a student who lives in Rockledge go to Viera schools?

Asked by feeneyjo38, Rockledge, FL Mon Jun 11, 2012

I live on Whetstone Place in Rockledge 32955 and have my house up for sale. Can the people who buy my house have their children attend school in Viera 32940?

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 32955

Answers

3
No they can not, Viera High School is closed to out of district children. Rockledge has a better rating for a high school anyway. 982 out of the top 1900 in the nation. Viera is not on the list.
You must seek special permissions for a student to be allowed into a school in Brevard County, for which they are not zoned. For example, we live within very comfortable walking distance of Kennedy Middle School, but because of the zone in which we live, my child had to be bussed more than 2 miles to McNair.
Flag Tue Dec 3, 2013
That is incorrect. My son attends Viera and we live in Melbourne. He has several friends that live in Rockledge that attend Viera High as well. You have to refer to the Brevard County School website.
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012
also ask your agent to show you how to check what schools currently your home in located within. :)
please refer to the Brevard County Schools website.