Schools in Robbinsville>Question Details

Bert, Home Owner in Robbinsville, NJ

Can a student living on Hughes Drive with the closest cross street being Edinburg Road attend Robbinsville High School, address is Hamilton Township?

Asked by Bert, Robbinsville, NJ Sun Mar 13, 2011

Answers

5
Hello Bert,
As others have mentioned, generally the town you pay your taxes to is the allocated school district. Just to make certain, call the Board of Education and just ask. Thanks and have a great day!
Pamela El-Ghoul/Weichert Realtors
Hi Bert,
I know that location pretty well. It most likely would be Hamilton Township Schools and I believe Nottingham High School is the current designated school district for that location. It may change as it has in the past. Let me know if you have any questions, or would like any help in selling or buying.
thank you!
Vanessa
Bert, as indicated already who you pay taxes to is who must provide for your children's education. If you live in Robbinsville with a Hamilton address only (for mailing) you will attend Robbinsville schools. There are exceptions to most rules though such as if your child has special needs they may be sent out of district to schools like Katzenbach or Lewis school etc. Other exemptions which vary from district to district may allow school employees to send children to the school system they are employed by (with or without fee) Lastly I have heard of families paying tuition to attend public schools when for example the family has moved (not to far) from district and wish to allow children to finish the year there.
If your home is located in Hamilton Township, then you go to the Hamilton Schools. Please make sure that your address is not just a mailing address...if your home has a Hamilton mailing address, which some homes in Robbinsville have, but you pay your property taxes in Robbinsville then you can go to the Robbinsville schools. Check your tax bill.
Its likely that the High School is Steinert. That being said, I have heard of special exemptions in school districts in the area. You'd likely have to pay yearly to send your child to Robbinsville instead, you'd have to approach the school district on that and see if that is an option there. Its not too far at all so it might be do able.
Web Reference: http://www.JRsellsNJ.com