Schools in Arlington>Question Details

Sharon Seward, Other/Just Looking in Arlington, MA

Best schools in Arlington, MA

Asked by Sharon Seward, Arlington, MA Mon Aug 13, 2007

What the best school for elementary, middle, high school in Arlington, MA?

Answers

8
You can't always trust MCAS scores to be a good judge of schools or teachers. In the two family districts you often have renters who come from overseas on an H1B1 visa to do research at one of our top universities, hospitals or institutions. They bring children with them who do not speak English. Massachusetts requires all children in Public Schools to take the test in English regardless of how much or little of the language they know. So while you may have very bright children that merely speak another language, their elementary and middle school test scores can bring down the MCAS average for the entire school. The very important thing to consider here is that when these same children get into the high school, because of the parents focus on the importance of education, they are often the children bringing UP the MCAS scores.....just something to think about. It's not all about scores - a child's success in school depends a great deal on how much a parent is willing to invest in time to help them be successful!
annemahon@comcast.net
annemahon.com
Pam's may have been the first answer but not the best--goodschools.net is fine if you're looking for a school in India, but not Arlington
Hi Sharon,

Arlington overall has an excellent school system - I know personally being born and raised there. Both Brackett and Peirce are new schools (rebuilt). Again, overall, I don't think you can miss with the school.

Check out out this link to get some recommendations and more information for each school.

Jeff
My understanding from a teacher friend in Arlington is that the Bracket school is the school of choice. It tests very well and ranks highly. The Dahlin school is also a good school, it is located in Arlington Heights.
Hi Sharon,

Being born and raised in Arlington, I'd be happy to help. Give me a ring or visit our website to learn more.

Jeff
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ
i would defer to goodschools.net
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA
Arlington Catholic has always had a good reputation. Can't vouch for any other schools. Take care, Jon
Web Reference: http://www.bowenboston.com