Schools in Tampa>Question Details

christina_bo…, Other/Just Looking in Tampa, FL

Best elementary schools in Tampa and Dunedin area.

Asked by christina_boardman, Tampa, FL Mon Feb 18, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Tampa

Answers

3
Christina - this is a question that comes up many times from parents moving in and around the Tampa Bay area. I was just at a breakfast for the Education Foundation in support of the STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) and the science fair. Let me tell you our school districts are doing great in Florida!

To learn about the schools in the area go to http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/schools/ for Hillsborough County and you will find the grades of each school from primary to secondary. For Pinellas County go to https://www.pcsb.org/ and they have information on the schools FCATs and grades. If you need any further information - please feel free to contact me.
Thank you for the information.
Flag Tue Feb 19, 2013
Hi Christina,

You can find additional information at http://www.greatschools.org in addition to the county websites. I live in Fishhawk and my neighbors love the schools and they are rated well. It is a very nice master plan community. The Westchase area is also know for its' schools.

Once you identify the areas of interest, you might want to visit the schools and observe the teachers and the way students behave. It is a great idea to do this research ahead of time before choosing the area you want to live it as typically neighborhoods with good schools retain their value better than those whose schools are struggling. I can tell that you are a very caring parent.

Good look and let me know if I can be of further help.
Christina,

That is a hard question to answer for a Realtor. We are not allowed to steer you to one school or another based off our opinion. I would suggest you use the county website to review the schools against each other. I would also suggest you use a website called city-data.com You can post all kinds of questions and locals will answer with their opinions. I chose to put my children in schools in East Hillsborough co. The schools are all A rated and have waiting list each year for the choice programs. All 3 of my children are exceding and I feel the staff at the school does their best to work with each child.

Please feel free to send me an email and I can tell you more about the schools my children attend. Those are the ones I know best. I am on the Advisory Board at two schools and I am a Chamber member which gives me access to more information. You can contact me through Trulia or email me at 813-352-6219.

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty