Schools in 70065>Question Details

Angry, Other/Just Looking in 70065

Audubon Elementary School in Kenner, La is the worst school I have ever had to endure!

Asked by Angry, 70065 Tue Apr 7, 2009

I have three children (16, 11, and 8 years old) and through moving around the country because of my husband's job, have had my children attend many different schools. This school is, by far, the worst. The teachers can't even speak correctly, nevermind teach correctly. The principal makes the teachers look like scholars. If you try to address any issue with any of the teachers or the school's poor response to any issue, your child is treated as if they are responsible. The child's grades are also affected. Thank God my children are A students, and weren't dropped below a C due to the wrath of this ignorrant staff. It's unfortunate too, as this area is a low-to-middle income area that deserves a descent education for their tax dollars. Horrible!

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 70065

Answers

3
This listing is located in the Chateau Estates Elementary School district, not sure why someone commenting on Audubon Elementary School. I've had one child attend Chateau Elementary some years ago and it was a great school. I must confess I don't know anything about Audubon Elementary as this school has been out of our district. I have lived in Chateau Estates Subdivision for over 35 years and have found it a great community with the Chateau Estates Civic Assn. doing a great job of watching out for the development of our neighborhood. This neighborhood comprised mostly of middle to upper income class. There are a few that would measure below this income scale, but all in all has been a great place to live, very family oriented. Hope this info is helpful to those looking for a new home. I understand St. Elizabeth school, a parochial school is a good school. Wish I could be more helpful in your search for a better school.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
I am a mother, that sold her home in that area, just because of the same reason... If you would like to see, what becomes of these children, that are thrown in this school, just cross the street and ride through the area around 7pm, you will see that outcome.
wow, thanks for the warning!