Schools in Oak Park>Question Details

Eliericheson, Real Estate Pro in Denver, CO

Are there good quality schools in the Oak Park area for k-8th grade?

Asked by Eliericheson, Denver, CO Mon Apr 30, 2012

My husband,son and I are considering moving to the Oak Park area and were wondering about the schools systems

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Oak Park

Answers

3
Hi Eliericheson,
That is a very good questions asked by about 75% of my clientele. The big picture is that the Oak Park & River Forest area is served by many school systems. In addition to public school districts 97 (Oak Park) and 90 (River Forest) there are many high quality faith-based schools, 5 Montessori schools, a lab-style independent school and a solid core of homeschoolers - and that's just elementary schools. There are 3 high schools - Oak Park & River Forest High, Fenwick College Prep and Trinity College Prep. Area students also attend St Ignatius and other selective private schools.

Not to be overlooked are the more than 15 early childhood education facilities (age 18 mons-6yrs) - most are fee-based.

In the villages there are neighborhoods of all price points anchored by fine schools with really great teachers, strong PTO's and excellent recreational services. There is a very strong tradition of support for the public schools dating back over 100 years. The educational & special services they provide are paid for primarily by property taxes.

I wish you good luck - please call if you need more information.

David Gullo
Managing Broker/Owner
Gullo & Associates
KNOW WHAT YOU'RE BUYING!
CALL US & WE'LL HELP!
708 567 1375
Oak Park schools are both very good academically and offer the advantages of true multicultural experience. Kids graduate to a great comprehensive high school. Over many years it has been clear that if parents provide support and encouragement for their education, students at District 97 thrive.
The schools in this community are wonderful. There are 9 public elementary schools and 2 middle schools. Here is a link to the District 97 homepage. http://www.op97.org/ You will find great information here including a mapping of all of the school districts.

And check out GreatSchools.org - http://www.greatschools.org/illinois/oak-park/Oak-Park-Eleme… - to see how Oak Park schools are rated.

I'd be happy to answer your questions and tell you about our great community!

Sharon Halperin
Prudential Premier Realty, LLC
708.899.1391