Schools in Waterbury>Question Details

Providencia…, Renter in Bronx, NY

Are there any special schools in Waterbury that specializes in Autism?

Asked by Providencia Silva, Bronx, NY Wed Jun 5, 2013

Moving in July and my 12 year old son is Autistic. Want to know if there is any schools that specializes in kids with special needs and Autism? Thank you.

Answers

2
Hi waterbury does offer alternative schools
EnlightenmentSchool 203-574-8050
State Street School 203-574-8028
Also here is # for Intake Center 203-346-3511
Special Education # 203-346-3505

I hope this helps
If you need any other info I can help with just get in touch before July 20th we are moving out of Waterbury and going to Florida mostly because Waterbury is expensive on taxes and we had trouble with the schools here. we went through so much trouble with my son attending Waterbury schools, we actually were going to pay Cheshire for our 12 yr ol daughter to attend the elementry school there. We ended up paying for a private high school for our son to get a good, SAFE education and he is off to college in the fall.
So Florida is so much cheaper to live where we are going and the shools ranked very well and no heat really needed also no snow!
Bill + Donna lorsman at sbcglobal.net
Highwood School of Norwalk has a campus in Waterbury! Check them out on-line. Are you all set with a place to move to?
Thank you very much. I looked at three apts but have not decided on any yet. I am still looking. Looking for a nice neighborhood for me and my kids. I heard there is good parts and bad parts in Waterbury and i'm really trying to avoid the bad areas. I never lived in CT. This will be my first time. I have to find something by July.
Flag Wed Jun 5, 2013