Schools in 11040>Question Details

K. Brown, Home Owner in Coram, NY

Are school buses and afterschool programs available?

Asked by K. Brown, Coram, NY Wed Jan 18, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 11040

My youngest son goes to New Hyde Park Road School..(an excellent school)..and they do have an after school program there and for all the other elementary schools in our district..about the is available for children that live further away from the school..I'm attaching a link that should help you..all the best, Lucille.…
Call the transportation dept in the school dist. that you are moving to and they will give all the info you need regarding late bus and after school bussing to the scope after school program
I can tell you from my experience, school district #5 only has school buses for one or two blocks that are at the very outer edge of the district. They also provide an after school program through the YMCA. School district #7 & #9 have school bus services. Not sure about after school programs in those two districts. Hope this helps...but Anna Brocco is right...check with the specific school that you are going to be zoned for detailed information.
Not sure what school your are referring to since the 11040 area has more than one--but either way, for accurate information do contact the school directly with all your questions...