Schools in The Willows>Question Details

Mei3ling2, Renter in Whittier, CA

Are parents given a choice where to send their kids or are they zoned depending on their address?

Asked by Mei3ling2, Whittier, CA Thu Oct 18, 2012

This question was asked from…

Help the community by answering this question:


Call the Menlo Park Unified School District an they will give you the school boundaries an by providing a street address they will tell you immediately if you are within there school boundaries.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 17, 2013
In most cases a child will be assigned a school based on the address of the property; however, many cities have adopted a voucher system or "school of choice" option (Redwood City). Also, many schools are impacted and a parent may not be guaranteed the neighborhood school. It is always best to call the school district office to discuss.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 11, 2013
Hi there Mei3ling2,

From what I understand (although I am not an expert in these matters) you are able to send your children to schools within the school district in which you live. The property you mentioned in your question is in Sequoia Union School district, which includes the following schools:…

If however you would like to send your kids to a school outside of that school district, I'd recommend you talk to the School Board to which that preferred school belongs.

I hope that helps,

Community Manager
Trulia Voices
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 24, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer