Rentals in Escondido>Question Details

Suzanne Juil…, Renter in Escondido, CA

why was my post removed for telling the truth? you guys are scam artist!!!

Asked by Suzanne Juillard, Escondido, CA Thu Jun 6, 2013

you STOLE my home photos and info...I gave you NO permission to use my property!!! Steven Shayan...is a crook of an agent...DO NOT TRUST HIM!!!!! NMy home is in Escondido Ca. it is a white spanish style house...the images were stolen from a legitimate ad that our personal property manager posted on Craigslist...these people want you to pay them for helping you find a home to rent...you can find one for FREE!!!!!

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3120623734-Single-Family-Home-E…

Answers

5
The property has been removed.

Without further back history on what this regards to, I have no clue what has happened. Sorry this happened to you, but I am not even sure what happened to you?
Suzanne,

Amazingly, many people who are active on social media sites such as Trulia and Zillow have no clue about the laws surrounding copywrite protection. You do not need to apply for a copy write, or put a watermark on photos, to be fully protected.

I would send a letter of "cease and desist" to the violator and demand the photos be removed immediately. If they do no comply, it would be pretty simply to take them to small claims court. I am quite sure that they would learn a valuable lesson with the lost of one claim.

I would encourage anyone wanting to understand more about copy write laws and real estate to visit Lenn Harley's blog on ActiveRain. Lenn has been instrumental in educating many of us in the full realm of copy write. I remain flabbergasted by the number of social media "guru's" who encourage people to "just go to Google and do a cut and paste of a photo". Unless the owner of the photo specifically allows unlimited use of his/her photo this is expressly prohibited.

Ignorance can be bliss...it can also be very costly!

Deborah
Sorry that this is happening to you and your so upset. I'm not sure if this is the right venue for you to rant. Can you ask the property management company to remove the photos of your personal property since you are a tenant in possession and can enjoy the same rights of homeownership? Can I help you find another place to live? Maureen@landangel.com
Watermarking photos eliminates the desire for people to steal and use them online.
DO NOT TRUST EVEYTHING YOU AEE ON HERE!!!! THEY ARE TRYING OT TAKE MONEY FROM YOU!!!! THEY ARE CROOKS!!!!