Rentals in Moncrief Park>Question Details

Fsucbutler2, Renter in Moncrief Park, Jacks...

why is the down payment so much?

Asked by Fsucbutler2, Moncrief Park, Jacksonville, FL Fri Aug 10, 2012

Answers

3
Depending on the loan type and qualification of the home will pretty much determine the down payment. Veterans Administration for military is 0 down. Federal Housing Admin, FHA, is 3.5%. Conventional is 20%. Second homes and condos vary. Some homes may qualify for a repair loan known as 203K or cash only. If I may check on a specific property, please contact me.
How much of a downpayment you put down is up to you and your lender.

FHA offers a product that allows a minimum 3.5% down... and there are many other products currently available that offer 5%-10% and 15% down.

It's all up to you and your lender to decide which product you qualify for, and how much your monthly payment will be.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
There is no link to a home so I can not see what you see for a required amount. Somes homes that do not quailfy for fha or conventional loans do require 20% down. You can easily go back, clic on the profile for the listing agent and email or call them with your question