Rentals in Home Park>Question Details

badie_taneka, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

why is property no longer active?

Asked by badie_taneka, Atlanta, GA Sun Feb 9, 2014

Answers

7
This property has been leased
The ad in question was identified as an attempted scam and taken down.
This is a scam. I have seen the same letter or letters with minor changes go out to prospective tenants on properties that these people claim they own but don't. I had a listing on a property for sale that someone sent a letter like this one out. They were pretending to be the property owner. Marc Siegel, Keller Williams Realty First Atlanta. 404-531-5700.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 9, 2014
I found 290 NE 16 Street NW (in Atlantic Station). 2 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath. They are asking $1950/mo. Let me know if you'd like assistance looking at this property.

Anita Lee
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers
678.428.5229
anita.lee@metrobrokers.com
Note the address is 290 NE (not NW) 16th Street
Flag Sun Feb 9, 2014
Yes I would say that is a scam. I have a listing that someone is trying to rent online even though he is not the owner. He is asking for a deposit and sends out a rental application. I think from the email you received that you can tell something isn't quite right.....
A property will be listed as no longer active for a few different reasons. The most common reason is that the property has gone under contract (pending). Another reason is that the seller may have decided to take it off the market (withdrawn). Or it could simply be that the listing agreement term period has ended (expired).
Can it expires in two days? It was just listed.
Flag Sun Feb 9, 2014
I got a emailing with this from the landlord:

Hello ,

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the late response was due to my wife illness but i thank GOD she is getting better. I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business. However, My name is Pastor Scott Lyons , I own the House located at ( 290 16th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30363). Due to my job as a missionary worker, I spent less time in GA so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in TEXAS that I decided to rent out the House and i will be here for (1-2 years).. However, the initial plan was to sale out the house. Which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the price and it takes longer to sell i am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website, that is the old advert. because of this reason and more we need rental agreement with a responsible person (With good credit) that can take very good care of it as we
Flag Sun Feb 9, 2014
Which home are you referring to?
290 16th Street NW. It may be a scam because I requested info andI got a emailing with this from the landlord:

Hello ,

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the late response was due to my wife illness but i thank GOD she is getting better. I must confess that I am very new in this landlord business. However, My name is Pastor Scott Lyons , I own the House located at ( 290 16th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30363). Due to my job as a missionary worker, I spent less time in GA so I could not get a hold on any Realtor to handle this rent issue, although it was when I knew how long we are going to stay in TEXAS that I decided to rent out the House and i will be here for (1-2 years).. However, the initial plan was to sale out the house. Which I tried, but sometimes the agents inflates the price and it takes longer to sell i am telling you this in case if you find the house on another website, that is the old advert. because of this reason and more we need rental agreement with a responsible person
Flag Sun Feb 9, 2014