Rentals in Tucson>Question Details

Malinda Lewa…, Renter in Tucson, AZ

where can I go that they allow felonies?

Asked by Malinda Lewandowski, Tucson, AZ Sat Sep 17, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Tucson

Help the community by answering this question:


Malinda; I am a retired probation officer. I'd like to suggest you present a copy of your court document which either stipulates the sentence or releases you from probation/parole/incarceration to your prospective landlord.
This demonstrates your ownership of the situation and your candid approach so the information is not discovered elsewhere. If you are currently on probation/parole you could ask your PO to assist you by speaking to the landlord. This only helps you if you are in good standing of course. Depending on your conviction there may be restrictions on where you can reside. Consult with the Court, your PO and your attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011
In addition to the advice already provided--be honest in filling out any applications--you might have better success renting from an individual, versus an apartment complex. Some individuals may not do background checks. Those who do may be more willing to consider the case on an individual basis.

Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
That is a tough one. It is best to let them know up front that there is a problem and see what their rules are. If they find out later, you are paying money for them to do search and that can get expensive and they can break your lease if you lie. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 17, 2011
Talk with local property management company(s).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 17, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Arizona > Pima County > Tucson > Rentals in Tucson > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer