Rentals in Los Angeles>Question Details

mathewskrista, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

whats the best area of los angeles thats kinda close to the beach?

Asked by mathewskrista, Los Angeles, CA Sat Sep 21, 2013

Answers

6
Marina Del Rey is a great city...close to everything!
Please let me know if you would like more info.
Susan@SusanBour.com
(310) 600-4240
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
Good eves. Krista,
I am an agent w FosterDouglas, a boutique real estate firm,. Since I live here in Playa del Rey, I can't help but tout this fabulous seaside community, tucked back and away from the craziness of the city. Wherever you live here, you are roughly no more than a 1/4 mile from the sand and the bike path, great eateries cafes, local shops, post office, 2 local markets, a deli, florists, shoe repair and hair/nail salons, etc. If you travel, the airport is just a quick trip of 5 mins. If you are looking to lease or buy, you can't go wrong. It is a pet and people friendly community with a lot of pride of ownership, be it a lease or an owned home/condo. If you are looking to lease or buy, I have some listings to show you.
Please let me know if I can be of more assistance by calling 310 415-2020 or e-mail at SBradner@FosterDougals.com.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
i think the pet friendliness of the neighborhood has diminished in recent months even the past year. Many places are not allowing pets in PDR. I've been looking for a 1br for almost 4 months now and no luck.
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Which beach? How much do you want to spend? Buy or rent?
I recommend you visit Play Vista. It's located at the corner of Lincoln Boulevard and Jefferson. Go on a Saturday and stay for Farmers Market and have lunch. You will love it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
Krista,

Venice could be an option. Venice has great restaurants, ambience, and an ecliptic culture. Mid priced to higher priced rentals are close to the beach, 1-4 blocks away. Living space is on the smaller side. And, many allow pets.

Marina del Rey has newer built condos, low and high rise with multiple ammenities like gym, pool, and sauna. It has larger homes/condos, but most rentals are not close to the beach. Usually 1/2 a mile to 1 mile away, except for higher priced rentals which would be within 1-2 blocks from the beach. Many allow pets. Unless you live near the Strand, you'd need a bicycle or car to get around.

Santa Monica has the most appeal to everyone, mid priced to higher priced rentals would be close to the beach. Most rentals close to the beach are on the smaller side, except for the higher priced rentals. Many accepts pets. Santa Monica is like a mini Manhattan, next to the beach. You have just about everything within walking distance.

If you have children, please call me. I have 3 and know all the schools in the area.

I'm here to help. Call me if you need more information.

Douglas Lagos, Coldwell Banker Residential
Douglas@DouglasLagos.com
(310) 463-8088
Web Reference: http://douglaslagos.com
Playa Del Rey, Venice, Santa Monica, Westchester, West Los Angeles, Pacific Palisades, Malibu...that is a very broad questions. What is your criteria?

Are you looking to rent or buy? Is it just for you? Do you have kids? Where will you be working? How many bedroom/ baths do you require? What is your price range? Do you have any special requests?

There are many areas that may fit your requirements.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Kat Becker, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
(323) 819-4760
I have a lovely two bedroom for lease in Playa del Rey. Cats are more than welcome with a pet security deposit fee. It is a fabulous mid-size condo complex with beautiful grounds and all the amenities except for tennis courts. It would be an ideal work-from-home space as the bedrooms are separated by the living area. It is very close to the beach, just about 1/4 mile, 10 min walk. I look forward to helping you.
Susan/FosterDouglas 310 415-2020 (DRE 01700672)
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013
we are looking to rent for now, just me and my husband, and we work from home. we have 2 cats, we just like space, so really the only special requests is that they allow cats and is somewhat close to the beach in a nicer area.
Flag Sat Sep 21, 2013