Rentals in Hialeah>Question Details

Owner, Home Buyer in Hialeah, FL

what's the differeance between a quit claim deed and a quick claim deed? and what is a estimate cost for a quick claim deed in florida

Asked by Owner, Hialeah, FL Fri Dec 21, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Hialeah

Answers

7
The term "quick claim deed" is used often by many, but, the reality is that it is not correct. To be technically accurate you should use "quitclaim deed."

The popular usage of placing a "quick" instead of "quit" originated because of the fast process of transferring ownership of real property.

A quick claim or quitclaim is a type of deed used to transfer title and ownership of property from one person or entity to another.
Web Reference: http://quickclaimdeed.com/
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Like a Quit Claim Deed to a property? I can give one to you, no problem, 3 for a dollar. What it means is that I give all my rights in it to you. If I have no rights to it, you get all of them (zero). If I have rights, then the deed may be OK. But you get no warranties (such as that I actually own the place) with Quit Claim. Such as deed is only as good as the person giving it to you. They are usually used in 2 circumstances: in conjunction with a regular deed to clear up a cloud on the title OR in deeds from certain banks and civil entities. ALWAYS be sure your attorney passes on it before accepting a Quit Claim Deed.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
There is a misconception that there is a quick claim deed.

It is actually a Quit claim deed.

The cost through a Title company or an Attorney can be nominal about
$250-$500.

Be sure it gets recorded.

Ruth
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
Yes, people just hear it as a "quick claim deed." It's a "Quit Claim Deed," and it's a dangerous instrument that should only be used under attorney and accountant supervision. The cost of recording a deed is nominal.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
This is an interesting question.

Quick Claim deed may be an action how fast you can get the deed for a particular property.

Quit claim deed is legal Document and give you the right to a property.
Make sure there is not lien against the property, make sure if you transfer the property to be someone you trust, I would recommend you to seek for a legal advise before make any move with this type of documents.
I agree with Allen, I worked as a paralegal for about 10 years and I have never heard of a quick claim deed. You should probably check with a lawyer to be sure.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2012
I've never heard of a "quick claim" deed... I'm thinking you might have misheard, but will be parking here to see if anyone has an answer for you.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201