Rentals in Westminister>Question Details

Map27292%40g…, Home Buyer in

what's the deal with the bad 'rep' in Lehigh Acres?? Relocating to the area (work in N. Naples)

Asked by Map27292%40gmail.com, Fri Feb 22, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3109844267-1124-Gretchen-Ave-S-…

Answers

8
Edson X Bezerra’s answer
Lehigh Acres has had it's ups and downs. Don't be afraid of the city but knowing where you should buy is the key. Prices are on the rise and inventory has diminished. Now many realtors like myself are back to scouting for listings again. I have investors who strictly buy just in Lehigh Acres while many people (primary homeowners) frown away from this city.
Pick a good strategic location that would give you easy access to I75 so you could go to N. Naples in better time.

Edson Bezerra
Lehigh has, like all areas, good and bad parts. Many areas are still undeveloped. There are less rules about how you maintain your property than say, Naples or Cape Coral. Personally, I think living in SE Lehigh is an affordable alternative if you are working in N Naples.
Thanks Marge, just trying to filter through the truth and just disgruntled homeowners/renters. Most articles I found on City-Data.com dated 2-4 years ago.
Flag Fri Feb 22, 2013
Talk to some residents who live there. Check with the county crime statistics. Ask a Realtor to provide you with a neighborhood report. Visit the area in person. Read about the area in the newspaper. Gathering as much information about a neighborhood before you move there is a good idea.
It's certainly not the high rent district, and prices are indicative of quality of life. It's relatively cheap in Lehigh, and that's an indicator...
I have been looking for 2 years. Lehigh Acres does not enjoy a good reputation. With that in mind I continued to look. However, one night my husband was watching a episode of "Cops" and sure enough there was the Lee County Sheriff and the area was Lehigh Acres. I guess that answered all of my questions I had..Plus the response times weren't great. It's sad really, it could be a really nice place to live, but their "zoning" laws aren't good...

Just my opinion
C.Carroll
if you HAVE to live in Lehigh... due to financial restraints then I am sure you can find a decent area within that area. But if you don't HAVE to live there... DON'T

My personal opinion
There are many beautiful areas in Lehigh. Acres with central water no assessments.

Have the advantage of searching like a Realtor ! Get the freshest content and listing status.
Just sign up for a listingbook account on the front page of my site, you'll receive the most up-to-date listings sent right to your inbox!
I'm a buyers agent I work for you! The listing agent works for the seller !
No tricks, No gimmicks, No harassing phone calls.
But I'll gladly answer your questions at any time !
You tell me when you're ready !!!!
Click the link below for a free listingbook account:
http://agent4leecounty.listingbook.com/

Best regards ,
Susan Callahan, ABR, CNS
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate LLC
CELL: 239-896-6342
7205 Estero Blvd # 724 Fort Myers Beach, FL. 33931
E-Mail: Agent4lee@aol.com
http://www.AGENT4LEECOUNTYFL.com
Are you looking to rent or buy. I just listed a property in Lehigh yesterday fully remodeled, granite countertops, wood and tile floor throughout. 3BR 2/BA.....UNDER $70,000. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. My company deals with a lot of turnkey properties in this area.

Jason Lipsher

13379 McGregor Blvd Ste 2
Fort Myers, Fl 33919
239.278.0028 office
239.277.1177 fax
239.850.0466 cell
http://www.thecozzateam.com