Rentals in Powers>Question Details

Joni Jones -…, Renter in Colorado Springs, CO

what's black forest like?

Asked by Joni Jones - Berta, Colorado Springs, CO Fri May 3, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3060285328-4770-Farmingdale-Dr-…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Powers

Answers

4
I agree with Mike. The Black Forest area is very popular with people wanting larger lots and more of a country feel and still close to Colorado Springs. There are areas that are heavily treed, which a lot of people are looking for. I am always available if you have more questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
The Forest has really changed over the years. Use to be very remote from Colorado Springs, not any more as more and more folks have built out there. Service are coming closer to the edge of the Forest as well. Many parts are in school district 20 and the other eastern part in school district 49. Both are good districts. Homes vary from early 1940's to 2013 with various lot sizes and price points. Hope this helps, if you would like more information feel free to contact me. I have lived in Colorado Springs since 1971.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
It is definitely a great area if you want that "Colorado" feel.
We are still a working couple and are interested in the Black Forest area. So, lets say we are at approximately at Black Forest Road and Black Forest cross street, how long does it take to get to northern downtown area? And is there any type of mini mart or anything close by for quick, last minute supplies or do you have to travel 5 miles to nearest grocery store - based on these cross streets. Is it too far out for a working couple to travel 5 days a week down into CO Springs? Coming from Phoenix that is a huge spread out city. We like Black Forest only because the housing in not on top of each other! Any mountain views or too far east? Thank you for replies! All helpful.
Hi Joni,
I lived in the Black Forest for 17 years, and really enjoyed it. I could travel from my house all the way to downtown Colorado Springs in about 35 minutes. I lived on the South end of the Forest though, so your travel time could differ dramatically, depending on where you found your home. The Black Forest Post Office carries a good variety of essentials, as does the Black Forest General Store. If you don't mind driving a little further, there is a Walmart Super Store at the corner of Woodmen Road, just west of Powers Blvd. So, not very far at all. There is also a newer hospital that was built a few years ago right outside the Forest..so also a very quick trip if need be.
There won't be many lots with mountain views. but you can still find some. Most of the Forest is heavily treed, so that will prevent you from many of the views that you can enjoy within the city itself.
Hope this helps....feel free to contact me with any additional questions. I really enjoyed living in there.
Flag Sat Nov 30, 2013
Hi Joni, I think it's safe to say that most Black Forest residents commute into the city for work. However, the Black Forest area is huge, so you're commute could range anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 minutes depending on where you find a home. As for grocery stores, there are several near the perimeter of the Forest, but nothing actually in the community. And mountain views are possible, just keep in mind that the trees might prevent really good views. Hope this helps!
Flag Sun May 12, 2013