Rentals in 34212>Question Details

Rohio, Renter in Youngstown, OH

what neighborhoods are best to live in Bradenton. I was told to stay clear of cortez area. I stayed at Anna Marie Island for a vacation.

Asked by Rohio, Youngstown, OH Thu Apr 26, 2012

moving to this area need to know if Sarasota or Saint Pete might be better??

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 34212

Bradenton is very diverse when it comes to neighborhoods and styles of homes. Much of the actual city of Bradenton is older construction, some going back to the 1930's. As you move west you'll find quite a mix of single family home neighborhoods, quite a few condo communities and some duplex neighborhoods as well. Most of the single family home neighborhoods were built anywhere from the 1950's to 1980's, there are few newer construction single family homes closer to Anna Maria / west Bradenton, with the exception of a handful of communities.

Generally, the closer you get to the beaches the higher the prices for both purchasing properties and rentals.

If you are looking for newer construction homes, especially within deed restricted neighborhoods with community amenities, those can generally be found in eastern or southern Manatee county.

As someone else already posted, the definition of "best" neighborhoods is going to be defined by your personal preferences, your family's needs and wants in a community. Without knowing more details about what you are actually searching for, it would be difficult to be more specific about neighborhoods at this time. is a suggested site if you want crime statistics for specific areas. As real estate agents we cannot and should not comment beyond that regarding the specific topic due to fair housing regulations.

If you have general questions about Bradenton, please feel free to contact me as I have lived in the Sarasota - Bradenton area for 30+ years and in Bradenton the past 9 years. I would be happy to share whatever information I have with you.

Diane Christner, Realtor, GRI, SFR
Realty Executives Solutions
cell: (941) 726-7109
I would highly recommend Heritage Harbor and especially River Strand Golf & Country Club
Check out neighborhood scout I found that to be very helpful good luck!
Hi again Rohio: We moved here from Canfield, Ohio ten years ago. We really do have BLUE Skys here, nearly everyday. Many Youngstowners have second homes here in the area. Rentals are getting scarce as many people are coming out of short sales or foreclosures. Great article in Week-End wall St. Journal on the huge rental boom by Americans. Call or email us any questions.
Jim Soda
Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Jim, are you familiar with this property?(M5828985). If so do you have an opinion on it? Approximately how far to the best beaches and Sarasota? Ron Aiello Poland, Ohio.(
Flag Wed Jul 4, 2012
There is NO PLACE on the Gulf Coast like Sarasota. St Pete is nice but after you have toured both areas, I'm sure you will agree that Sarasota is by far the best. I'm not sure who told you to stay clear of the Cortez area. There are beautiful homes, including those on the water in Cortez. If you need my help, call or send me an email. It would be my pleasure to talk with you about locating the perfect home for you...

Trish Chandler
Michael Saunders & Company
941.306.9533 Direct Line
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Looking for the same info!!!!!
me too! 336-541-5883 or
Flag Thu Jun 28, 2012

The best neighborhoods are the ones that meet your needs: price, type of property, amenities, school district, etc. Once you've narrowed down your search criteria you can look in several areas of town and decide which one or ones you like the best. Drive through the area at different times of day and even talk to a neighbor or two. If you are concerned about crime those statistics are available at If I can help please let me know.

Karen Nicolls
Atchley International Realty
I can only answer for myself. I live in that area, I love it!!! a few miles straight out to the beach, all the shopping and restaurants you could want, doctors, hospital, medical care close by. Beautiful parks within walking or biking distance. I could go on. Very affordable and convenient. By the way, there is also Cortez Village - it is quaint, beautiful and very close to the beach, but more pricey. Would love to live there...
Thank u i liked it there also just some people hear 1 thing and they judge!
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012
These are questions, Realtors Can't answer. It would be a violation to stir you from one neighborhood to another or even suggest it. There are plenty of stats on crime from the Sherrifs Dept. and County websites. The greater Sarasota and Bradenton area usually buck the national trends and the real estate market, here is healthy. Their are good value properties on the market. Can't steal properties here anymore. Select a good Realtor and work with them.
Jim Soda ...
Keller Williams Realty International
Lakewood Ranch - Sarasota
There is no problem with most of the Cortez corridor. Most of the subdivisions are well kept and elatively free of crime. However, like most cities there are pockets of crime but they seem to be primarily in the area nearest the intersection of US 41 an Cortez. Generally, the further west one goes the better!
There are many differences between the Sarasota and Bradenton markets and will say that I prefer living in Sarasota for a variety of reasons. There are some very beautiful areas in both and depending on your budget we can find exactly what you are looking for.
If you would like more information on the market and properties available in both cities please send me an email address or phone nimber and I will be happy to provide as much data as you need to make an informed decision or to first plan a visit to see what we have to offer. I would be more than happy to help!
Jeff Lawrence
Seery Realty, Inc.
That must be area friend heard of what i saw down there was beautiful!
Flag Fri Apr 27, 2012